Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » New Papyrus Model Wizard Won't Close On Finish(Window won't close when clicking "finish" and no new model generated)
New Papyrus Model Wizard Won't Close On Finish [message #1781147] Fri, 02 February 2018 02:48 Go to next message
Ioannis Nearchou is currently offline Ioannis NearchouFriend
Hello Everyone,

I have encountered an odd issue very recently with Papyrus Neon. I have been able to generate new Papyrus models in the past several months, but recently cannot add new models. Each time I click the finish button when creating a new model, the window does not close and no new models are generated. I have tried it again through creating a new Papyrus project folder as well, but have received the same issue and only the project folder had been created, with no model in it. I previously reverted my updates to a time prior to the issue and have updated everything again, with the same results for both cases. I am wondering if I will have to reinstall Papyrus or if there is another solution?

Thank you,
Ioannis
Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Won't Close On Finish [message #1801513 is a reply to message #1781147] Mon, 21 January 2019 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doaa Dorgham is currently offline Doaa DorghamFriend
I have the same problem. where is the answer to your question????? no one reply you????? did you find a fix for that problem????????????????

[Updated on: Mon, 21 January 2019 13:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Won't Close On Finish [message #1801675 is a reply to message #1801513] Thu, 24 January 2019 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
In order to analyse the problem it would be helpful to see an eventual error message (Show View -> Error log), seeing lots of question-marks is not. Other things to try out is to start with a fresh workspace and check whether the issue is reproducible there.

Besides of that, Papyrus on Eclipse Neon is no longer supported and you should (if possible) migrate to a newer version of Eclipse.
Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Won't Close On Finish [message #1801748 is a reply to message #1801675] Fri, 25 January 2019 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using Neon because I want to use DICE simulation tool and it works with neon only, so instead of being bothered from my question marks :( help me with this problem if you can.
Thanks
Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Won't Close On Finish [message #1801861 is a reply to message #1801748] Mon, 28 January 2019 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem is not reproducible in a standard neon installation (just tested with a fresh installation). I already suggested two things to try out. Another thing would be to make sure that only Papyrus itself and not the add-ons (extra-plugins) are installed. If you have an exception in the log, you should post it here - otherwise we can't help you.
Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Won't Close On Finish [message #1801902 is a reply to message #1801861] Tue, 29 January 2019 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help.
I've tried to remove all the old installation and start fresh ones, This is the setup file I used "eclipse-jee-neon-3-win32-x86_64" but I got an error.
Attached the log file
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 6.05KB, Downloaded 46 times)
Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Won't Close On Finish [message #1801906 is a reply to message #1801902] Tue, 29 January 2019 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess that neon packages only run with java 8 (but I'm don't really know)
Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Won't Close On Finish [message #1801968 is a reply to message #1801906] Wed, 30 January 2019 06:09 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Missing javax.annotation is the delight of moving to Java 10. But clearly nothing to do with the start of this thread.

See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=539038

For now just add a require bundle for it in your test. But if you are really using Papyrus as you suggest then that is not an option for you. You need to produce a much more accurate repo.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:How to get default values defined in profile in a model
Next Topic:Unable to Create Activity Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:00:17 GMT 2024