Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Resize/Move Problems in Designer(Unable to move/resize objects in designer.)
Resize/Move Problems in Designer [message #1781074] Thu, 01 February 2018 08:20 Go to next message
Nicole Spicer is currently offline Nicole SpicerFriend
Using WindowBuilder to try and make a simple Swing window with a button on it, I'm unable to move to resize said button in the designer.
The resize dots appear in the designer, and I can drag them which shows coordinates like it normally would, but when I release the mouse button, the buttons size remains unmodified.
Same thing happens when attempting to just move the button instead. I can place a new button anywhere I want in the designer, but I can't move it once I've placed it, though the UI otherwise responds appropriately.
I'm only attempting to use a button for a example. This seems to happen with all UI elements I've tried so far.
I'm using the Absolute layout. Code, gif showing example, and versions below;
Halp

• Attachment: Test.gif
    (Size: 87.22KB, Downloaded 17182 times)
  • Attachment: S2lcC4X.png
    (Size: 92.30KB, Downloaded 16676 times)
Re: Resize/Move Problems in Designer [message #1781402 is a reply to message #1781074] Tue, 06 February 2018 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avi Abrami is currently offline Avi AbramiFriend
I'm only guessing, but it may be related to the layout. Have you tried using a different layout, i.e. not absolute layout? Another guess, it may be related to component orientation. Are you using right-to-left orientation, perhaps?

What happens if you change the bounds values in the property sheet?
Re: Resize/Move Problems in Designer [message #1781485 is a reply to message #1781402] Wed, 07 February 2018 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avi Abrami wrote on Tue, 06 February 2018 19:08
I'm only guessing, but it may be related to the layout. Have you tried using a different layout, i.e. not absolute layout? Another guess, it may be related to component orientation. Are you using right-to-left orientation, perhaps?

What happens if you change the bounds values in the property sheet?

Same thing happens with the other layouts I've tried so far. I can put objects down, but not move them.
As for the orientation, where is that? I'm not seeing it anywhere on the UI, unless I'm blind. So whatever the default is?
Changing the values manually seems to work, so I'll probably continue doing that if I can't find a way to use the mouse right.
Re: Resize/Move Problems in Designer [message #1781492 is a reply to message #1781074] Wed, 07 February 2018 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avi Abrami is currently offline Avi AbramiFriend
Quote:
As for the orientation, where is that?

Press the Show Advanced Properties button.
Re: Resize/Move Problems in Designer [message #1781510 is a reply to message #1781492] Thu, 08 February 2018 03:08 Go to previous message
Avi Abrami wrote on Wed, 07 February 2018 20:17
Quote:
As for the orientation, where is that?

Press the Show Advanced Properties button.

Ah, okay. Thanks for your patience.
It was set to 'UNKNOWN' by default. I've attempted to change it to LEFT_TO_RIGHT, and RIGHT_TO_LEFT to no effect on the designer.
Below is the source again, in case anything changed, and a picture of the properties menu of the button. All values are set to default, besides coords/size and orientation, which I left at LEFT_TO_RIGHT.

Stuff
  • Attachment: btnprop.png
    (Size: 98.95KB, Downloaded 16405 times)
Previous Topic:WindowBuilder Mars 2 IDE for JAVA developpers
Next Topic:Error in Designer using Observable Collections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:19:25 GMT 2024