Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Add fragment part to views shortlist
Add fragment part to views shortlist [message #1780996] Wed, 31 January 2018 07:03
Pascal Spengler is currently offline Pascal SpenglerFriend
I have to extend an e3 application. I defined a new perspective with 2 views (as parts) in a fragment.e4xmi. I added the tag "View" to the parts to show them in the "window->show view->others" menu (does what was expected). What does not work is adding the tag persp.viewSC:*myViewsID* to add the view to the shortlist. [ShowViewMenu finds the tags and adds them to the shortcut-list but they don't show up, because the IViewRegistry finds no IViewDescriptor.

(The tag persp.perspSC:*otherPerspectiveID* to show the other perspectives however does work)

I thought since the views are already showing up and only need to get from the "others" category to the first hierarchy levelof the menu it should be quite easy.
Previous Topic:With JDK set to jdk1.8.0_152, Tomcat in Eclipse tries to use JRE1.8.0_144 and fails
Next Topic:Is 4.8 currently more reliable than 4.7.2? Is it advisable to upgrade?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:32:28 GMT 2024