Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Problem building oomph(Following intructions from Oomph contributing guide)
Problem building oomph [message #1780979] Tue, 30 January 2018 19:21 Go to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
When I do maven -e clean verify -DskipTests=true I get the following error:

Quote:

[INFO] Computing target platform for MavenProject: org.eclipse.oomph:org.eclipse.oomph.site:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT @ C:\Users\mxj037\oomph-master4\git\org.eclipse.oomph\sites\org.eclipse.oomph.site\pom.xml
[INFO] Resolving dependencies of MavenProject: org.eclipse.oomph:org.eclipse.oomph.site:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT @ C:\Users\mxj037\oomph-master4\git\org.eclipse.oomph\sites\org.eclipse.oomph.site\pom.xml
[INFO] {osgi.os=win32, osgi.ws=win32, org.eclipse.update.install.features=true, osgi.arch=x86}
[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR] Software being installed: org.eclipse.oomph.site raw:1.0.0.'SNAPSHOT'/format(n[.n=0;[.n=0;[-S]]]):1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[ERROR] Missing requirement: org.eclipse.oomph.site raw:1.0.0.'SNAPSHOT'/format(n[.n=0;[.n=0;[-S]]]):1.0.0-SNAPSHOT requires 'org.eclipse.oomph.all.source.feature.group 0.0.0' but it could not be found
[ERROR]
[ERROR] See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Dependency_Resolution_Troubleshooting for help.
[ERROR] Cannot resolve dependencies of MavenProject: org.eclipse.oomph:org.eclipse.oomph.site:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT @ C:\Users\mxj037\oomph-master4\git\org.eclipse.oomph\sites\org.eclipse.oomph.site\pom.xml: See log for details -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MavenExecutionException

I searched on Google but did not find anything.
Re: Problem building oomph [message #1780994 is a reply to message #1780979] Wed, 31 January 2018 06:26 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
In my local modified version of the launch configuration (to build only the Window's 64 bit stuff) I have these
-Dbuild.id=Local
-Dgit.commit=Unknown
-DskipTests=true
-Denv=win64
-DDtycho.debug.resolver=true
-DGENERATE_SOURCE=true
-DX
clean
verify
You are missing -DGENERATE_SOURCE=true so they're not generated and so references to source features in the site.xml can't be resolved.

Because it's now mandatory to generate source we should move this build step from a conditionally activated profile to the root of the poml.xml in /org.eclipse.oomph.parent/features/pom.xml and/org.eclipse.oomph.parent/plugins/pom.xml.
We can also use the trick I learned with converting EMF's build to Maven Tycho so that /org.eclipse.oomph.all-feature has a p2.inf with a synthetic dependency on the it's corresponding source feature:
requires.0.namespace=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu
requires.0.name=org.eclipse.oomph.all.source.feature.group
requires.0.range=[$version$,$version$]
requires.0.greedy=true
requires.0.optional=true
The advantage of this approach is that the source feature itself is not categorized in the site as something to install. Sources are really only useful in the target platform.

I've committed these changes:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/commit/?id=361a9986cbdf6fa722945fb5b0960826d3af75cf

So if you do a pull, your Maven build should work without the -DGENERATE_SOURCE=true option.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:EGit update site broken?
Next Topic:Possible corruption of p2 pool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:35:48 GMT 2024