Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Importing of Folders & Files within RCPTT workspace (I want import folders & files during project creation within the rcptt workspace)
Importing of Folders & Files within RCPTT workspace [message #1780948] Tue, 30 January 2018 10:04 Go to next message
Dileep A is currently offline Dileep AFriend
I want to keep all the folders and files required within rcptt workspace & import the required files & folders while project creation.
Re: Importing of Folders & Files within RCPTT workspace [message #1781979 is a reply to message #1780948] Thu, 15 February 2018 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viktoria Dlugopolskaya is currently offline Viktoria DlugopolskayaFriend
Hi Dileep,

Could please you explain more details about your problem?
To import projects to an AUT you can use workspace context: https://www.eclipse.org/rcptt/documentation/userguide/contexts/workspace/
Re: Importing of Folders & Files within RCPTT workspace [message #1781991 is a reply to message #1781979] Thu, 15 February 2018 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I want to keep files and folders within RCPTT, which are required during project creation in our product. I doesn't want to browse the files from external folders in my local system, instead i want keep within RCPTT. If it is possible please give me suggestions.
Re: Importing of Folders & Files within RCPTT workspace [message #1782123 is a reply to message #1781991] Mon, 19 February 2018 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try to use workspace context: https://www.eclipse.org/rcptt/documentation/userguide/contexts/workspace/
With it, you can import files to an AUT's workspace
Re: Importing of Folders & Files within RCPTT workspace [message #1782210 is a reply to message #1782123] Tue, 20 February 2018 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Viktoria,
As you mentioned to use context workspace, workspace will be loaded earlier before the test case is ran. I want to use the folders and files within the RCPTT tool for importing files and projects in the test case. I doesn't want to give absolute path from my system, is it possible to keep the files and folders in RCPTT tool to use it in the test cases. I mean to say that while context will be loaded earlier when the test case is ran.
If Project is present in workspace while recording, using test script i want to import any file(file should be present within in RCPTT) to the project present in workspace.
If it is possible please give me suggestions.
I have attached the screenshot which is same as my scenario, instead of giving path to browse files from local system. I want use the path of the file in RCPTT.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 February 2018 13:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Importing of Folders & Files within RCPTT workspace [message #1782608 is a reply to message #1782210] Tue, 27 February 2018 06:08 Go to previous message
Since you cannot specify relative path in the 'import' dialog, you may try to put files somewhere on disk (not to workspace) and generate an absolute path

To put files somewhere on the disk, you can use 'folder' context: https://www.eclipse.org/rcptt/documentation/userguide/contexts/folder/
I created an example project to show how it can be used (a separate RCPTT instance is used as AUT in this project, you should be able to run it)

The main idea is that we should calculate an absolute path in the test because it should be specified in the 'import' dialog (and we cannot specify a relative path)
Previous Topic:Starting AUT from script
Next Topic:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:19:50 GMT 2024