Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CDT linker error with cmake-generated project(Getting a "collect2: fatal error: cannot find 'ld' " error)
CDT linker error with cmake-generated project [message #1780778] Fri, 26 January 2018 23:44
Oscar Kramer is currently offline Oscar KramerFriend
I have been working fine for years on a project until today after updating plugins in eclipse 4.7.2. I reverted the updates but still have problems.

I'm using cmake to generate the eclipse project files. If I import that project into eclipse as "General->existing project into workspace" and try to build, I get the error "collect2: fatal error: cannot find 'ld' " when the link happens. If instead I import the project as "C++ existing code as Makefile project", everything builds fine.

I can build from the command line using the same Makefiles with no problem. The error "cannot find 'ld' " is weird because "which ld" gives /usr/bin/ld.

It is something specific associated with the cmake-generated project files that is causing gcc to not find ld. Any ideas please? I've been battling this all day!
Previous Topic:How can I do a persistent modification to an AbstractBuildCommandParser-instance?
Next Topic:plz help me on a mac currenlty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 13:59:19 GMT 2024