Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Indexer Build Output Parser and different build directories
Indexer Build Output Parser and different build directories [message #1780537] Tue, 23 January 2018 19:06 Go to next message
Chris Keeser is currently offline Chris KeeserFriend
I have an autotools project and I would love to get the Indexer to work properly for the code.

The problem : Builds for the code occur in a separate directory from the where the source code is edited. The Makefile.am entries have relative paths from where the code is built. When I enable the Build Output Scanner for the indexer, it resolves the include paths, but applies them to the source location and does not find the headers referenced. I have tried both with and without heuristics. With heuristics the path will resolve to something absolute, but still incorrect. Without heuristics, the paths will remain relative.

.. <- headers for included source exist outside of this directory
├── build
│   ├── arm-none-linux-gnueabi
│   │   └── src <- builds occur in this directory and makefile includes are relative from this location i.e. ../../../../otherproj/include note:1
│   └── autotools-config-input
│       ├── build-aux
│       └── m4
└── src <- code is edited in this directory but the indexer is looking for headers in ../../../../otherproj/include note2:

note1: The absolute path of the actual include would look something like
/home/user/otherproj/include

note2: When heuristics are enabled, the path resolves to
/otherproj/include
which does not exist

Because the Build Output Parser cannot resolve the includes, I manually add them, but I would prefer to have "one source of truth" which would be the Makefile (and subsequent build output for the scanner to parse and pass to the indexer)

Any help / insight would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Indexer Build Output Parser and different build directories [message #1780628 is a reply to message #1780537] Thu, 25 January 2018 04:26 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Does seem to do that. May be a bug.
You can submit a bug report but don't expect it to be fixed for a while.
Until then, instead of using the Build Output Parser, stick with User Entries.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 January 2018 04:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Empty build directory using docker build
Next Topic:setting a user gcc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:22:37 GMT 2024