Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » customize the outline view
customize the outline view [message #1780489] Tue, 23 January 2018 10:03 Go to next message
Robert Mising name is currently offline Robert Mising nameFriend
Is there a way to integrate something like the bookmarks in the outline view?

I want to set markers in my source code and jump to the marked line via the outline view. E.g. a marker for "start html output" or a case line in an switch statement.

I tried to use bookmarks for this but bookmarks are global for the whole project and not linked to the editor view. And you can not share bookmarks with your team or check them in a version control.

Something like a special parameter for PHPDoc would be great. Just add a line of code:
// @bookmark html output starts here
and quick jump through the outline view to this line.

Does anybody know a plugin or other ways to realize such functionality?
Re: customize the outline view [message #1781612 is a reply to message #1780489] Fri, 09 February 2018 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob Mitchell is currently offline Rob MitchellFriend
I too am interested in Eclipse Oxygen PHP editor outline view customizations.

For me, I am implementing Slim Framework and the outline only shows __anonymous(...) for the callbacks. To get around this, I simply have each "anonymous" call a local function and pass the Request and Response. Now outline shows my function names easily. But it sure would be nice to have some kind of PHP tag or annotation.
Re: customize the outline view [message #1781613 is a reply to message #1780489] Fri, 09 February 2018 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

For me, I am implementing Slim Framework and the outline only shows __anonymous(...) for the callbacks. To get around this, I simply have each "anonymous" call a local function and pass the Request and Response. Now outline shows my function names easily. But it sure would be nice to have some kind of PHP tag or annotation.
Re: customize the outline view [message #1781614 is a reply to message #1780489] Fri, 09 February 2018 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Re: customize the outline view [message #1781615 is a reply to message #1781614] Fri, 09 February 2018 12:47 Go to previous message
Dang ... apologies for the 3 replies -- bizarre!
Previous Topic:eclipse photon
Next Topic:Why are there different code style formatting active profiles?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:04:16 GMT 2024