Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Adding the WebSphere plugin to oomp setup
Adding the WebSphere plugin to oomp setup [message #1780311] Fri, 19 January 2018 18:55 Go to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
I copied the setups folder and edited it so that the correct list of products and projects appears. I start the eclipse-installer with the oomph.redirection for the index to my modified setups folder. When I start the installer, my selection of products and projects appears and that is great.

What I need to do is add to this product setup the following plugins:

1. plugins that gets added by the IBM websphere application server V8.5x Developer Tools solution from the eclipse market
  2. plugins from Subclipse 4.2.x from its update site

The I need to add the following:

1. a server runtime for the WebSphere application server
  2. a server definition based on that runtime

Can someone describes how this can be added to the setup so that when I start the eclipse-installer with the setup it will install the eclipse with all of those things configured.
Re: Adding the WebSphere plugin to oomp setup [message #1780515 is a reply to message #1780311] Tue, 23 January 2018 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The first things you can do by adding a p2 task. You can use Oomph's repository explorer to explore the update site and use drag and drop to add the Requirements on whatever IUs (features) you want installed an a Repository specifying where it will be found.

I don't know anything about what is involved in adding a Websphere application server or how server definitions are specified? Is that done via preferences? Where is that information stored?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Adding the WebSphere plugin to oomp setup [message #1780578 is a reply to message #1780515] Wed, 24 January 2018 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
What is the oomph repository explorer, where is it and where is the doc? Thanks
Re: Adding the WebSphere plugin to oomp setup [message #1780585 is a reply to message #1780578] Wed, 24 January 2018 06:00 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Type "Repository Explore" in the "Quick Access" search field in the upper right of the window (to the left of the perspective switcher). That will open the view. Enter a URL for a p2 repository. The view shows just like what you'd see with Help -> Install New Software after entering an update site. You can drag and drop the things you see in this view to the p2 task you have open in your setup editor, including the text of the URL.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Simple Mode - Can a Product setup link to a default Project setup?
Next Topic:Update Resource for Checkstyle rule changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:15:54 GMT 2024