Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Importing XML files(How to get model information by importing an xml file)
Importing XML files [message #1780212] Thu, 18 January 2018 16:14 Go to next message
Anette Laver is currently offline Anette LaverFriend
Hi,
I am using eclipse neon with papyrus. I would like to import an xml file that I exported from another program. When I import the xml file I can only see the xml text, but I do not get any model information that I can use to make uml diagrams. I would be grateful for any help.
Re: Importing XML files [message #1780302 is a reply to message #1780212] Fri, 19 January 2018 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

If you provide a repro we might be able to help. In the total absence of further information, my best guess is that you are using *,xml rather than *.uml.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Importing XML files [message #1780869 is a reply to message #1780302] Mon, 29 January 2018 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anette Laver is currently offline Anette LaverFriend
Yes, that is right. I thought that it is possible to import *.xml or *.xmi files and generate uml models with them. Below I attach one sample of each. Is there anything that can be done to import files like this?

Thanks for your help,
Anette
  • Attachment: TestXMI.xml
    (Size: 202.88KB, Downloaded 321 times)
  • Attachment: project2.xmi
    (Size: 0.99MB, Downloaded 313 times)
Re: Importing XML files [message #1780873 is a reply to message #1780869] Mon, 29 January 2018 12:55 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Your files look to be much older than the usual vintage EA formats in similar threads; UML 2.0. I suggest you get a UML 2.5 version of EA, if that is what you really want.

One might hope that Open With...->UML Model Editor would just work, but it fails to recognise the namespaces. This might be a bug, but equally likely it is because your files are older than the Eclipse UML2 project.

For similar unsupported files I have solved the problem by changing the extension to *.uml and using a text editor to edit the root XML element to resemble that of a standard Eclipse *.uml file.

Regards

Ed Willink

Previous Topic:C++ Code generation Disabled
Next Topic:Is it possible to avoid Bug 530291 ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:32:16 GMT 2024