Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Finding C++ Library with CDT 9.4 on Eclipse Oxygen S2(My shared DLL project not finding C++ library on Windows7SP1)
Finding C++ Library with CDT 9.4 on Eclipse Oxygen S2 [message #1780131] Wed, 17 January 2018 18:34 Go to next message
Michael Murdock is currently offline Michael MurdockFriend
I have a project built as a shared library (no main).

For project settings>>

C/C++ Build>>Setting>>Tool Settings>>Cross G++ Compiler>>Includes
is blank (no includes)

C/C++ General>>Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros has the following checked
* CDT Cross GCC Built-in Compiler Settings
* CDT GCC Built-in Compiler Settings
* CDT Libtool GCC Build Output Parser
* CDT Managed Build Setting Entries [Shared]

Since I'm not using Cygwin nor MinGW these are not set.

I'm not sure what else needs to be set.

The console says it built no complaint. Yet looking at the cpp files, all of the std library #include statements have a red annotation showing instance not resolved.

Not sure what to do next.

As for a regular C++ project either as a new project or one based one source (w/ main) works fine.

I have looked around in the filesystem and have not found where the C++ library files are kept. Please clue me in on what I am missing.

A solution can not be found to a problem
with the same mind that created it.
- Albert Einstein
Re: Finding C++ Library with CDT 9.4 on Eclipse Oxygen S2 [message #1780229 is a reply to message #1780131] Thu, 18 January 2018 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have now tried with fresh Eclipse Oxygen (4.7.2) CDT version. Tried making a new Hello World project with same problem.

2 Errors:
Program "g++" not found in PATH.
Program "gcc" not found in PATH.

If I knew where these were, I'd put them there. I don't know why Eclipse didn't on first start.

Is the Eclipse Foundation, saying that even if I use the CDT toolset, I need to get the GNU tools on my own???

Now since I know that since I also have Visual Studio 2017 Community edition that when I use the VS toolset, it compiles fine.

So give me some clues. Is it my responsibility to get the GNU toolset? I thought this was included with CDT!!!

- Albert Einstein
Re: Finding C++ Library with CDT 9.4 on Eclipse Oxygen S2 [message #1780253 is a reply to message #1780229] Fri, 19 January 2018 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Did you read the instructions from Eclipse Help, CDT section?

It is clearly spelled out what you need to do, in the section named 'Before you begin'.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Finding C++ Library with CDT 9.4 on Eclipse Oxygen S2 [message #1780278 is a reply to message #1780253] Fri, 19 January 2018 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did not have instructions. I found a read-me file in the Eclipse folder which said nothing of value.

- Albert Einstein
Re: Finding C++ Library with CDT 9.4 on Eclipse Oxygen S2 [message #1780279 is a reply to message #1780278] Fri, 19 January 2018 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just went through all links regarding "Help", "Getting Started" which in the end just point to this forum.

However, I have learned some things:
1. In another link here, "Why do I have to jump through so many hoops?"; 2nd response, I learned of getting a tool MinSys2.
Apparently a minimal Cygwin w/ MinGW toolchain available. Setting this up it worked. Which begs the question of #2.
2. For a Windows installation of Eclipse, is it the responsibility of the installer to get his own Toolchain??
3. I learned that both Linux and Mac OS (OS X) already have GNU tools installed as part of OS. Only Windows left out in Cold.
4. As previous response to mine said "did I read the "instruction from Eclipse Help, CDT section"?
Answer: No, I didn't find any such instructions. Would you or anyone, like to provide a link?

As it stands, I find I still don't have the toolchain for Clang or LLVM. I suppose the same procedure applies???

- Albert Einstein
Re: Finding C++ Library with CDT 9.4 on Eclipse Oxygen S2 [message #1780287 is a reply to message #1780279] Fri, 19 January 2018 15:40 Go to previous message
I did find a link at CDT that pointed to a CodeProject website that pointed to the MinGW website already mentioned above. So I guess for Windows, I got my answer. I
think I understand now why Windows is such a despised OS. I don't like it much myself. I guess you can close this thread now.

- Albert Einstein
Previous Topic:Install New Software not giving option for Kesler download
Next Topic:continue to use Eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:06:08 GMT 2024