Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Updating EEF from 1.5 to 1.9
Updating EEF from 1.5 to 1.9 [message #1779901] Mon, 15 January 2018 14:40 Go to next message
Pavel Bogdanov is currently offline Pavel BogdanovFriend
Hello. I have an issue with understanging of way of updating EEF. Currently we're using EEF 1.5 + Sirius 4.1.3 connection. I want to update EEF to 1.9 and I've installed new version additionally. We have some bundles with legacy generated code and I'm trying to figure out how I can "override" these generated properties with new conception - through .odesign file. I've created new Properties View Description, then I'm trying to create pages and groups for each of my semantic model properties (see attachments). But when I run and see my diagram's properties I see that my previous properties moved to Base tab and now first is Semantic and I cannot see any changes. What I do wrong? Maybe is there any step-by-step tutotial for my case?

Thank you in advance.

Pavel
  • Attachment: EEF_1.png
    (Size: 7.53KB, Downloaded 69 times)
  • Attachment: EEF_2.png
    (Size: 5.72KB, Downloaded 67 times)
  • Attachment: EEF_3.png
    (Size: 6.65KB, Downloaded 72 times)
  • Attachment: EEF_4.png
    (Size: 5.02KB, Downloaded 71 times)
Re: Updating EEF from 1.5 to 1.9 [message #1779961 is a reply to message #1779901] Tue, 16 January 2018 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. I've disabled my legacy properties and now I see only "Appearance" tab for element in properies. Maybe there is any place where I need to activate something to see new tabs?

Thank you.

Pavel
Re: Updating EEF from 1.5 to 1.9 [message #1780151 is a reply to message #1779961] Thu, 18 January 2018 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi. It's difficult to answer without more information.

If you remove your custom definitions from the .odesign file, and select an element from a Sirius diagram, you should see a "Main" tab with nice widgets showing your properties in addition to the "Semantic" tab which shows a plain property grid.

index.php/fa/31845/0/

index.php/fa/31846/0/

The Main tab is produced by EEF using default rules when nothing specific is defined in the .odesign. If it does not show up, the problem may be in your installation (some parts missing?) or setup.

If the Main tab show up, then the problem you see is probably in your own definitions on the .odesign.

Do you see anything in the Error Log ?

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Updating EEF from 1.5 to 1.9 [message #1780192 is a reply to message #1780151] Thu, 18 January 2018 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, Pierre-Charles David

I've resolved this issue but faced another. I've decided to be updated to Sirius 5.1.0 and EEF 2.0. I need to hide (not disable) properies depending on state of semantic model. What is the simplies way to do this? Do I need to create custom widget for it? The main problem here is - I need that each of my properties has this possibility. I cannot see the way to extend this behavior for all types of widgets: I see that text may be extended only by text, custom - only by custom. Could you please give me advice with it?

Thank you,
Pavel

[Updated on: Thu, 18 January 2018 13:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Updating EEF from 1.5 to 1.9 [message #1780213 is a reply to message #1780192] Thu, 18 January 2018 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi.

It's not supported directly right now, but there is a workaround using the DynamicMapping mechanism, see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=506988#c1 for details.

Regards,

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Updating EEF from 1.5 to 1.9 [message #1780217 is a reply to message #1780213] Thu, 18 January 2018 16:56 Go to previous message
Thank you, it works.
Previous Topic:Question about advanced configuration in Sirius
Next Topic:Supress drag and drop default behavior
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:09:19 GMT 2024