Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE(Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE "Could not resolve dependencies for project ")  () 1 Vote
Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE [message #1779865] Mon, 15 January 2018 05:33 Go to next message
Chiranjeevi B is currently offline Chiranjeevi BFriend
[WARNING] The POM for org.eclipse.smarthome.products:org.eclipse.smarthome.repo:zip:0.10.0-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 2.780 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2018-01-15T10:33:04+05:30
[INFO] Final Memory: 14M/110M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project eclipsesmarthome-incubation: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.eclipse.smarthome:eclipsesmarthome-incubation:pom:0.10.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.eclipse.smarthome.products:org.eclipse.smarthome.repo:zip:0.10.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]

I am beginner to eclipse smart home, i have just followed the steps in document for IDE setup.
can any one help me out in this
Re: Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE [message #1779871 is a reply to message #1779865] Mon, 15 January 2018 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
You need to execute the build from the project root folder - all parent poms should then be part of the reactor build.
Re: Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE [message #1779952 is a reply to message #1779871] Tue, 16 January 2018 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you sir,

Now i have executed the build from the project root folder itself after 1:36h i am getting this error ,

[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Distribution ..................... SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 01:36 h
[INFO] Finished at: 2018-01-16T12:53:36+05:30
[INFO] Final Memory: 182M/702M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-surefire-plugin:1.0.0:test (default-test) on project org.eclipse.smarthome.core.audio.test: There are test failures.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Please refer to C:\Users\fueb_Asus3\smarthome-master1\git\smarthome\bundles\core\org.eclipse.smarthome.core.audio.test\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

I am getting this error in surefire-reports

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getURL() on null object
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NullObject.invokeMethod(NullObject.java:88)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.call(PogoMetaClassSite.java:45)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:45)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.NullCallSite.call(NullCallSite.java:32)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:45)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:108)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:112)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.audio.test.AudioConsoleTest.audio console plays stream for a specified sink(AudioConsoleTest.groovy:95)

please help me out on this

[Updated on: Tue, 16 January 2018 12:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE [message #1779991 is a reply to message #1779952] Tue, 16 January 2018 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a object with value coming null how to debug the code without running maven clean install or how to solve that sir.
Re: Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE [message #1779992 is a reply to message #1779991] Tue, 16 January 2018 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't seen this test failure yet and normally the tests should pass. What you can do is to ignore the tests by running "mvn -DskipTests=true clean install".

But please note that there is another report of a Windows user that the build has an issue at a later step for him, see https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/4863.
If you have a chance to use a Linux machine, this should probably work smoother.
Re: Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE [message #1780074 is a reply to message #1779992] Wed, 17 January 2018 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you sir,

i have tested by running the command "mvn -DskipTests=true clean install".
now the error is :

[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Distribution ..................... SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 56:50 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2018-01-17T12:23:23+05:30
[INFO] Final Memory: 329M/833M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:1.0.0:compile (default-compile) on project org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] C:\Users\fueb_Asus3\smarthome-master\git\smarthome\bundles\model\org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script\xtend-gen\org\eclipse\smarthome\model\script\ScriptStandaloneSetup.java:[58]
[ERROR] ServiceModule _serviceModule = new ServiceModule(this.scriptServiceUtil, this.scriptEngine);
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The constructor ServiceModule(ScriptServiceUtil, ScriptEngine) refers to the missing type ScriptServiceUtil
[ERROR] 1 problem (1 error)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

Re: Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE [message #1780156 is a reply to message #1780074] Thu, 18 January 2018 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have the IDE open at the same time? Make sure to close it when running the Maven build as it might interfere with the class compilation.
Re: Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE [message #1780183 is a reply to message #1780156] Thu, 18 January 2018 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you so much sir, its working fine now after closing the IDE while running the maven build.

[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Karaf Features ................... SUCCESS [ 0.082 s]
[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Target Platform Feature .......... SUCCESS [ 35.507 s]
[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Core Feature ..................... SUCCESS [ 0.179 s]
[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Extensions Feature ............... SUCCESS [ 0.146 s]
[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Karaf Feature Verification ....... SUCCESS [09:36 min]
[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Products ......................... SUCCESS [ 0.452 s]
[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome p2 Repository .................... SUCCESS [ 55.506 s]
[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Tools ............................ SUCCESS [ 1.684 s]
[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Archetypes ....................... SUCCESS [01:39 min]
[INFO] Eclipse Smarthome Binding Archetype ................ SUCCESS [01:56 min]
[INFO] Eclipse Smarthome Binding Archetype Testsuite ...... SUCCESS [ 0.644 s]
[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Target Platform .................. SUCCESS [ 36.484 s]
[INFO] Eclipse SmartHome Distribution ..................... SUCCESS [ 32.107 s]
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO] Total time: 01:29 h
[INFO] Finished at: 2018-01-18T18:08:45+05:30
[INFO] Final Memory: 414M/974M

C:\Users\fueb_Asus3\smarthome-master\git\smarthome>
Re: Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE [message #1780185 is a reply to message #1780183] Thu, 18 January 2018 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello sir as i am a beginner to eclipse smart home, is there any video or document that show us how to use both front and back end i mean any small project video that we can understand both.

Thank you sir.
Re: Maven install is getting BUILD FAILURE [message #1780385 is a reply to message #1780185] Mon, 22 January 2018 05:29 Go to previous message
after adding this binding org.openhab.binding.xbee i got this error :

The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.jdt.annotation.NonNullByDefault. Fix the build path then try building this project org.openhab.binding.xbee
The type org.eclipse.jdt.annotation.NonNullByDefault cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

what i need to do for this,
can any one help me on this please .
Previous Topic:Switch or Contact for channel - Best practice
Next Topic:DynamicStateDescriptionProvider and sitemap
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:09:27 GMT 2024