Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » push fails due to SocketException: Connection reset or cannot open git-receive-pack
push fails due to SocketException: Connection reset or cannot open git-receive-pack [message #1779745] Fri, 12 January 2018 07:31 Go to next message
Aparna Argade is currently offline Aparna ArgadeFriend
A month before, I had pushed my initial patch through EGit (created from oomph setup). But suddenly, I'm not able to push through the same eclipse/workspace.
I'm using ssh. I'm getting this error.
"Session.connect: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset".

If I use https also , I get the error:
org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: cannot open git-receive-pack

.log file of workspace with ssh is as follows:

org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: ssh://<user>@git.eclipse.org29418/<project>/org.eclipse.<project>: Session.connect: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschConfigSessionFactory.getSession(JschConfigSessionFactory.java:172)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.SshTransport.getSession(SshTransport.java:137)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh$SshPushConnection.<init>(TransportGitSsh.java:336)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh.openPush(TransportGitSsh.java:174)

The exception when using htttp is as follow:
org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: https://<user>@git.eclipse.org:29418/<project>/org.eclipse.<project>: cannot open git-receive-pack
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportHttp.connect(TransportHttp.java:586)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportHttp.openPush(TransportHttp.java:435)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.PushProcess.execute(PushProcess.java:160)

What can be the reason for this? Please help.
Re: push fails due to SocketException: Connection reset or cannot open git-receive-pack [message #1780545 is a reply to message #1779745] Tue, 23 January 2018 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Maybe a http proxy is in your way ? In that case configure proxy settings in "Preferences > General > Network connections"
Can you push using native git command line ?
Re: push fails due to SocketException: Connection reset or cannot open git-receive-pack [message #1780584 is a reply to message #1780545] Wed, 24 January 2018 05:56 Go to previous message
Aparna Argade is currently offline Aparna ArgadeFriend
Thanks Matthias.
As you pointed out, there is a problem in my regular network. Probably some port seems to be blocked recently. I tried native commands from git bash which also reported me the similar errors. Thus EGit was reporting me the error correctly.
If I use different network, I can push from EGit too using the same setup.
Previous Topic:How to use EGIT to change a file to executable
Next Topic:Installation aborts due to jetty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:27:50 GMT 2024