Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » @Traced and getting rid of the traces
@Traced and getting rid of the traces [message #1779705] Thu, 11 January 2018 12:59 Go to next message
Steve Hostettler is currently offline Steve HostettlerFriend
Hello,

I am integrating traces using @Traced in our DSL. In some corner case, I'd rather get the toString (but without the TraceNode strings) that having to rewrite the generator. For instance, when the level of granularity is too low to be interessting. Let me add that I do not have the related EObject node.

In other words, how can I take a StringConcetationClient and simply get the string representation without the traces information?

This is especially usefull in my case when I reuse some expression generator that are sometimes important to be traced and sometimes not.

Thanks in advance
Re: @Traced and getting rid of the traces [message #1779706 is a reply to message #1779705] Thu, 11 January 2018 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
did you try what you did in tests?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: @Traced and getting rid of the traces [message #1779707 is a reply to message #1779706] Thu, 11 January 2018 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes the problem with that is that I need the EObject element in one way or another. I just would like to be able to do a toString on the StringConcatenationClient discarding all trace information and only getting the code.
Re: @Traced and getting rid of the traces [message #1779708 is a reply to message #1779707] Thu, 11 January 2018 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
i dont know a way sorry

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: @Traced and getting rid of the traces [message #1779720 is a reply to message #1779708] Thu, 11 January 2018 17:22 Go to previous message
Ok thanks anyway for looking at it. It would be great to think of a way to do that as it would ease the migration effort by not having to enable tracing everywhere from day 1. Furthermore, I might be wrong but I do not see a way to rely on the xbase test helpers with tracing as everything is String based.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 January 2018 17:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Test Suite for xtest unit tests
Next Topic:Access a model element from a value converter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:42:37 GMT 2024