Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » git over ssh keeps asking for password
git over ssh keeps asking for password [message #1779664] Thu, 11 January 2018 01:16 Go to next message
Dirk Olmes is currently offline Dirk OlmesFriend
Hi,

we run our company internal git server via ssh. This used to work quite well up to the update to Eclipse 4.7.2. Now each time I fetch updates or push changes Eclipse keeps asking me for the ssh key password.

In earlier versions of Eclipse I was able to feed the ssh key into the ssh-agent and have Eclipse pick up the agent. The ssh-agent integration stopped working with the update to Eclipse Oxygen. I had to provide my password once when fetching updates for the first time.

What can I do to restore the old behaviour?

I'm running on linux BTW.

-dirk
Re: git over ssh keeps asking for password [message #1779683 is a reply to message #1779664] Thu, 11 January 2018 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Olmes is currently offline Dirk OlmesFriend
After some googling again I found a somewhat helpful mention of the GIT_SSH environment variable in https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/FAQ#Store_SSH_Key_Passphrase_in_Mac_Keyring

If export GIT_SSH=/usr/bin/ssh before launching Eclipse it will pick up the ssh key from the agent!

-dirk
Re: git over ssh keeps asking for password [message #1779850 is a reply to message #1779664] Sun, 14 January 2018 19:19 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Sounds like bug 529173. Try the latest nightly build of EGit from http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates-nightly .
Previous Topic:Replace with Head Revision - not keeping original file permissions
Next Topic:oxygen synchronized project cannot fetch files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:04:17 GMT 2024