Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem with hidden Menus in MenuBar for JavaFX AUT(Action Exception when trying to select Menus from MenuBar with hidden Menus)
Problem with hidden Menus in MenuBar for JavaFX AUT [message #1779629] Wed, 10 January 2018 12:04 Go to next message
Tobais Liepold is currently offline Tobais LiepoldFriend
Hello all,

I am trying to test a JavaFX application with Jubula 8.5.0.127 and came across some problems testing the menu bar.
The application has several views and all of them using the same menu bar with 5 menus. For one view the menus 2 and 3 are hidden so the menu bar shows only 3 menus (1, 4, 5).

When I trying to check the existence of the MenuItems in the fourth menu in the menu bar, which has the two menus hidden, by textpath or by indexpath (using index 2/1) I get an Action Exeption saying "Execution Error: Index: 3, Size: 3". If I check the existence of MenuItems in fourth menu using the index 4/1 I get a step failed because there are only 3 menus in the menu bar.

Checking the first menu works on all views via textpath and indexpath. And in views, where no menu is hidden, everything works fine.

So the problem occurs only for views, where some menus are hidden, and for menus, that are located after the hidden ones.

Has anyone a solution for this problem?

Thanks and kind Regards
Tobi
Re: Problem with hidden Menus in MenuBar for JavaFX AUT [message #1779684 is a reply to message #1779629] Thu, 11 January 2018 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello Tobi,

this might be a bug in our implementation. Do you know the implementation details of the hidden menus? Are they simply "setVisible(false)" or are they hidden in an other way?

kind regards
Marvin
Re: Problem with hidden Menus in MenuBar for JavaFX AUT [message #1779690 is a reply to message #1779684] Thu, 11 January 2018 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Marvin,

thanks for your fast reply.
As you suggested there is a menu controller class that simply sets the visibility of the two menus to false (using "setVisible(false)") in case the special view gets opened.

Kind Regards
Tobi
Re: Problem with hidden Menus in MenuBar for JavaFX AUT [message #1779973 is a reply to message #1779690] Tue, 16 January 2018 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello Tobais,

you have found a bug in our implementation this is tracked further more here http://eclip.se/529860 . I think i will have a look into this bug in the near future.

Kind regards
Marvin
Re: Problem with hidden Menus in MenuBar for JavaFX AUT [message #1779983 is a reply to message #1779973] Tue, 16 January 2018 10:54 Go to previous message
Hello Marvin,

thank you very much.

Kind Regards
Tobi
Previous Topic:Jubula 8.5, no main class in swing aut config
Next Topic:SimpleAdder test execution doesn't start on remote AUTagent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:39:18 GMT 2024