Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Java Reverse Engineering(Diagram representation of generated code)
Java Reverse Engineering [message #1779534] Tue, 09 January 2018 11:15 Go to next message
Jan Celmer is currently offline Jan CelmerFriend
Hello,

Having played with reverse engineering in Papyrus, there is a stuck point I encountered:
- after Diagram generation out the Java code
- the tree of my package is at a first glance correct and well done, but
- is there a drag&drop of all those elements that will arange all the diagrams automatically, operations, realations between the diagrams, etc. in "nice"/structured way, instead of making the user doing it manually.

Thanks for your feedback!
Re: Java Reverse Engineering [message #1779537 is a reply to message #1779534] Tue, 09 January 2018 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Ji Ja,

select the elements you require without the associations and drop them onto a new diagram. The associations are added by Magic. Then click the right-side button of the mouse on the the diagram pane to open its context menu. Choose Format --> Arrange --> all to arrange them.

/pica
Re: Java Reverse Engineering [message #1779754 is a reply to message #1779537] Fri, 12 January 2018 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Celmer is currently offline Jan CelmerFriend
Thanks Carsten!

Though the arrangement itself dispatches well the diagrams, still it's not what I'm looking for... What I want to obtain is the same image as in ObjectAid : http://www.objectaid.com/ (see the main picture).
The thing is, what is rather useful, to d&d and it arranges itself automatiacally in "nice" form (as ObjectAid). Does it exist in Papyrus? Or it's like the improvement to think of for the future releases?
Re: Java Reverse Engineering [message #1779762 is a reply to message #1779754] Fri, 12 January 2018 10:01 Go to previous message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
I hope such a feature will not become a Papyrus core functionality.

Why?

I myself regard modeling not as a documentation follows implementation approach.

/pica
Previous Topic:Add DecisionNode to Activity Diagram
Next Topic:Containment Link Use in Package Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:44:25 GMT 2024