Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Replace with Head Revision - not keeping original file permissions(EGIT/JGIT - Eclipse oxygen)
Replace with Head Revision - not keeping original file permissions [message #1779288] Thu, 04 January 2018 21:40 Go to next message
John Penn is currently offline John PennFriend
Using Eclipse oxygen 4.7.1, Egit, in the git perspective in the "Git Staging" view I right click on a file in the unstaged pane and then select "Replace with Head Revision". The body of the file is reverted correctly, but the permissions of the file are changed to 644. They were 755 (another story).

On the command line, git checkout -- <file>, does not change the permissions.

I assumed these two operations are the same and would behave the same. Am I wrong in assuming this?
Re: Replace with Head Revision - not keeping original file permissions [message #1779414 is a reply to message #1779288] Sat, 06 January 2018 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
It seems I cannot reproduce your issue:

I tried the following with egit from current master branch on Mac OS:
- stage and commit a file with permissions 755
- modify file content and save the changed file
- replace with head revision
result was that the file still had permissions 755 and the content was reverted to the content committed earlier.
Re: Replace with Head Revision - not keeping original file permissions [message #1779662 is a reply to message #1779414] Thu, 11 January 2018 00:48 Go to previous message
John Penn is currently offline John PennFriend
Thanks for the response Matthias.

Due to internal company issues, my updates to eclipse were failing and I didnt notice. I fixed the issue and updated EGIT to 4.10, my original was a few months old. This fixed the issue.
Previous Topic:Pulled conflict file not resolvable
Next Topic:git over ssh keeps asking for password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:32:03 GMT 2024