Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to add "Show in..." option to Project Explorer context menu in my RCP?
How to add "Show in..." option to Project Explorer context menu in my RCP? [message #1779261] Thu, 04 January 2018 14:52 Go to next message
Albert Houston is currently offline Albert HoustonFriend
I made Eclipse IDE based RCP application. I'd like to have an "Show in" option in context popup menu of Project Explorer. Unfortunately, that option doesn't appear when I right-click on projects or folders in Explorer. I made very lite Eclipse Client, so I suppose, some plugin is missing, but I don't know which is it. I discovered, if I hit Shfit + Alt + W shortcut (standard shortcut for Show In opton), options like 'System explorer' appears - I guess there would be some binding to 'Show in' action, but, again, I cannot found it.

Is there any way to provide such functionality to my context menu in simply way, or find missing plugin?
Re: How to add "Show in..." option to Project Explorer context menu in my RCP? [message #1780568 is a reply to message #1779261] Wed, 24 January 2018 00:04 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Albert,

First read this FAQ on the rules of engagement of show in [1]. Then the contribution to the show in menu is something like this:

<menuContribution
             allPopups="true"
             locationURI="popup:org.eclipse.ui.menus.showInMenu">
          <command
                commandId="nl.remain.td.workmanagement.genericShowInCommand"
                icon="icons/activity.gif"
                label="%command.label"
                style="push">
             <parameter
                   name="nl.remain.td.workmanagement.genericShowInCommand.viewId"
                   value="nl.remain.td.workmanagement.views.Activity">
             </parameter>
             <visibleWhen
etc..

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_make_my_view_appear_in_the_Show_In_menu%3F
Previous Topic:When I add p2 site created to the Target Platform modifies the Manifest file
Next Topic:Detached View Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:23:47 GMT 2024