Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Layer type to stack type mapping(Which layer is used in which type of layerstack?)
Layer type to stack type mapping [message #1779158] Wed, 03 January 2018 10:37 Go to next message
Michel Pittelkow is currently offline Michel PittelkowFriend
Hi there,

First of all I wish you all the best for 2018!

I am wondering if there is a picture, mindmap or something like that, that shows which type of layer belongs to which type of layerstack.

In terms of naming the layers express what they are doing (ColumnReorderLayer) but not in which place they do belong. E.g. ColumnReorderLayer belongs to the BodyLayerStack and not the ColumnHeaderLayerStack.

Perhaps the following is true: Every layer with e.g. "ColumnHeader" in the name belongs to the ColumnHeaderLayerStack and everything that is missing the "Header" part belongs to the BodyLayerStack? I am not sure on this one.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 03 January 2018 13:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Layer type to stack type mapping [message #1779202 is a reply to message #1779158] Wed, 03 January 2018 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
No there is no such mapping or mindmap. And yes typically the "Header" in the layer class name indicates where it is intended to be used.

Although it is more a recommendation or most commonly used. It depends on what layer composition you are setting up. The stacks you are talking about seem to be related to the default grid composition. But there are more possibilities that makes such a mapping just a "commonly used" description and would create some sort of limitation that does not exist.
Re: Layer type to stack type mapping [message #1779332 is a reply to message #1779202] Fri, 05 January 2018 14:04 Go to previous message
Michel Pittelkow is currently offline Michel PittelkowFriend
I see. Thanks for clarification!
Previous Topic:ColumnOverrideLabelAccumulator - addLabel for entire row to set row border
Next Topic:Intercepting row header region click actions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:12:03 GMT 2024