Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to build a javacard sample project
Unable to build a javacard sample project [message #1779095] Tue, 02 January 2018 17:47
Jean-Luc GARNIER is currently offline Jean-Luc GARNIERFriend
Dear Community,

I'm a complete newbie to Eclipse, which I've never used before and would like to build a sample javacard project which I received from a partner.

I've installed:

1. Eclipse Mars.2 4.5.2
  2. Oracle Java Card Development Kit 3.0.5u2
  3. The related Eclipse plugin delivered the Oracle JCDK

The JCDK also provides some sample projects which I obviously want to build to learn about Eclipse the easy way. Unfortunately, importing one of them doesn't go the right way:

• I'm a bit puzzled by the exact folder I must choose to import the project and finally selected the Classic Applets\Hello World folder
  • The folder is accepted but I cannot go further as the button Next is grayed out: seems something is missing from the folder.
  • If I select "Existing project from workspace" and points to the same Hello World folder, it's accepted but clicking Next leads to a weird "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\Java Card Development Kit 3.0.5u2\bin\java" is not recognized as an internal or external command [...].
  • "Archive file" or "Preferences" are no choice as I don't find any file that would match what the IDE is expecting...

My first question is then: how can I import (as simply as possible) these samples projects? What is the proper procedure?

Then I've tried with Oracle\Java Card Development Kit 3.0.5u2\samples\reference_apps\Biometry\Client\applet, which includes a .project file. I've naively supposed it was the file which would tell Eclipse what to import. No way...

My developer's past is way behind so I got stuck at importing any project and will be grateful to anyone who provides some help with this!

And Happy New Year to everyone!
Previous Topic:My Eclipse Layout Problem (Mac)
Next Topic:Could not find or load main class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:32:07 GMT 2024