Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Oxygen javascript syntax coloring
Oxygen javascript syntax coloring [message #1779046] Sat, 30 December 2017 20:41 Go to next message
Edward Reilly is currently offline Edward ReillyFriend
Hello all,

Im new to the forums but have been using eclipse to develop on our netsuite ERP for a few years now. I have been using Mars 2 as its the only one that seems to work correctly with SuiteCloud IDE, however I have been trying to get Oxygen to work since its the most current version. Sorry if this question has been asked a million times but the only information I could find on it was a bug report that has been unanswered.

So here's my issue, this is happening on the jee version. Some of the coloring is working fine, function declarations, keywords, strings, comments. But everything refuses to change to anything other than white, I have spent many hours over the last few releases trying to get this working and always end up back on Mars 2.

Does anyone have a fix for this or even a work around to make this possible to use?

Here is the link to the bug I found on the issue: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=496863

Re: Oxygen javascript syntax coloring [message #1779093 is a reply to message #1779046] Tue, 02 January 2018 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive had a ton of views but no responses, does anyone else know of this issue? Or if this is a known problem any idea on a possible fix for it?
Re: Oxygen javascript syntax coloring [message #1781060 is a reply to message #1779093] Thu, 01 February 2018 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can someone point me in the right direction to figure out this issue? Right forum to post it in? Thanks
Re: Oxygen javascript syntax coloring [message #1781061 is a reply to message #1779046] Thu, 01 February 2018 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Could you explain what "everything refuses to change to anything other than white" means, or show it? It seemed to contradict what you wrote before it.

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Thu, 01 February 2018 03:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oxygen javascript syntax coloring [message #1783779 is a reply to message #1779046] Fri, 16 March 2018 20:17 Go to previous message
Sorry I didn't see your response until now. I have attached 2 images of the same file, one running in Mars 2 and one running in Oxygen 2. You can see the syntax coloring differences in them.
Previous Topic:Need Help Running Eclipse to debug C/C++ when running JNI
Next Topic:Eclipse Runing Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:37:46 GMT 2024