Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » "import all existing projects after clone finishes" doesn't work("import all existing projects after clone finishes" doesn't work with Maven project)
"import all existing projects after clone finishes" doesn't work [message #1778971] Wed, 27 December 2017 08:49 Go to next message
fr per is currently offline fr perFriend
I 've got a Java project under Git and build by Maven.
I didn't put the .project, .classpath and .settings in Git.
When I use EGit to clone my Git repository, I check the option "import all existing projects after clone finishes", but when I open the Java perspective, the project is missing.

I'm new to Git, i used to work with SVN, and when I checked out projects under Eclipse, the projects were automatically imported eventhough they were "naked" (without .project).

I work with :
Oxygen.1a Release (4.7.1a) build 20171005-1200
Eclipse EGit 4.8.0.201706111038-r

Please be lenient with my English, but if I made some mistakes feel free to correct me.
Re: "import all existing projects after clone finishes" doesn't work [message #1779249 is a reply to message #1778971] Thu, 04 January 2018 12:24 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Hence it says "import all *existing* projects". If the project doesn't exist in git and also not on disk it's not imported.
You should be able to import using "Import > Maven > Checkout Maven projects from SCM", then the Maven plugin
will generate the missing .project and .classpath files. You could use the smart import wizard by clicking "Import projects"
on the repository's node in the Git repositories view. If the Maven plugin is installed it will also create the .classpath file.

The import option in the clone wizard could be also wired to also use the smart import, though this isn't implemented yet.
Maybe you want to contribute that ?
Previous Topic:JGit LFS: Support to track a new file?
Next Topic:LFS: Git credentials for xxxx not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:04:59 GMT 2024