Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » arduino CDT launcher problem(the arduino CDT for SAM boards on OS X returns 'No device found on cu.usbmodem****')
arduino CDT launcher problem [message #1778892] Sat, 23 December 2017 02:06 Go to next message
Eli Morris is currently offline Eli MorrisFriend
The arduino CDT for SAM boards on OS X returns 'No device found on cu.usbmodem****' when I try and upload the program with the Eclipse run launcher. I can upload a problem from the command line, but I first give the command 'stty -f $modem 1200;stty stop $modem'; where $modem is the serial port to the Arduino. I can not figure out how to give this command from the run launcher for the Arduino CDT. I seem to not be able to upload without it. Is there any fix for this or a way around the problem or maybe I'm just not doing something correctly? If I give the command from a terminal, I can then upload the program via Eclipse.
Re: arduino CDT launcher problem [message #1781242 is a reply to message #1778892] Sun, 04 February 2018 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joey Gough is currently offline Joey GoughFriend
Same problem here. Did you ever get this sorted?
Re: arduino CDT launcher problem [message #1781304 is a reply to message #1781242] Mon, 05 February 2018 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eli Morris is currently offline Eli MorrisFriend
No, I haven't seen anyway around the problem yet. For the time being, I've gone back to the Arduino environment because it takes away a lot of the convenience of Eclipse. Let me know if you find a solution.
Re: arduino CDT launcher problem [message #1781998 is a reply to message #1781304] Thu, 15 February 2018 15:55 Go to previous message
Joey Gough is currently offline Joey GoughFriend
Hi Eli,

I did not get that implementation working. However, I just installed this app and it appears to work perfectly:

http://eclipse.baeyens.it/

Just go to the install tab at top of page.

One caveat that tripped me up - if you are using mac, move the app out of the downloads folder before you try to set it up or it won't work - something to do with security on the mac.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 February 2018 15:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:toolchain path (GNU MCU)
Next Topic:DSF/GDB How to know current session in verbose mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:14:08 GMT 2024