Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Sirius + EEF - the simplest way to customize property behaviour
Sirius + EEF - the simplest way to customize property behaviour [message #1778796] Thu, 21 December 2017 14:41 Go to next message
Pavel Bogdanov is currently offline Pavel BogdanovFriend
Hello,

I have a question connected with a property customisation when using Sirius + EEF. I have a property that is needed to appear only when it is connected with specific type of input block. So I need an eObject and depending on it the property(its control) has to be hiden or not. I have investigated this guide: https://wiki.eclipse.org/EEF/User_Guide/Custom_Element_Editor

But isn't it a very difficult way? Isn't it possible to inject it in some proper place without regeneration of my field as custom (I already have it in my model, why)?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Pavel
Re: Sirius + EEF - the simplest way to customize property behaviour [message #1778800 is a reply to message #1778796] Thu, 21 December 2017 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

The documentation you point to correspond to the old version of EEF (up to version 1.5), which relied on static code generation. If indeed you're using this version, note that it is deprecated (it still works, but is not actively developed anymore). I'm no expert on that older version but I'm afraid there's no probably no other way that the one documented there.

The new version of EEF (currently at 2.0) is a completely new code base which uses a more Sirius-like approach with no code generation at all. It has actually been designed specifically to integrate well with Sirius (although it can also be used separately) and is the recommended version to use for new developments. You can find more documentation about how to use it in Sirius at https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/properties/Properties_View_Description.html. The specific problem you mention about showing a property or not depending on the model state is directly supported, for example by specifying an appropriate Precondition Expression on your widget.

Regards,

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Sirius + EEF - the simplest way to customize property behaviour [message #1778827 is a reply to message #1778800] Fri, 22 December 2017 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, Pierre-Charles David

I am restricted of using 1.5 version of EEF.
Are you talking about changes in *.odesign? Or I have to create my custom widget? If I use standart widget, do I have any possibility to create Precondition Expression for it?

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,
Pavel
Re: Sirius + EEF - the simplest way to customize property behaviour [message #1778831 is a reply to message #1778827] Fri, 22 December 2017 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Pavel Bogdanov wrote on Fri, 22 December 2017 10:06

I am restricted of using 1.5 version of EEF.
Are you talking about changes in *.odesign? Or I have to create my custom widget? If I use standart widget, do I have any possibility to create Precondition Expression for it?

EEF 1.5 is completely independent on Sirius and is not configured through the odesign files. Configuration from these files and the "Precondition Expression" I mentioned are only available in EEF 2.0. If you're stuck with 1.5, I'm afraid regenerating may be the only way to handle your requirement.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Sirius + EEF - the simplest way to customize property behaviour [message #1778834 is a reply to message #1778831] Fri, 22 December 2017 10:37 Go to previous message
Ok, I see I do it right way.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Pavel
Previous Topic:References are lost when Copy elements from project to project
Next Topic:Duplication memory in Sirius, GMF or EMF?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:35:30 GMT 2024