Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Elements loose their position on diagrams(A random disorganisation of state-diagram and predicted one with activity-diagram)
Elements loose their position on diagrams [message #1778705] Wed, 20 December 2017 10:54 Go to next message
Jakub Klein is currently offline Jakub KleinFriend
Hello all,

First off, activity diagram. Whenever I move the slider of (any) activity window: the elements move accordingly, but arrow corners keep original position, what leads to a big mess - see screenshots. This wouldn't be a big problem if I simply didn't use the sliders, but they reset after every Papyrus re-open and I have to re-calibrate them each time! Moreover, it wasn't me that placed them on the diagram - I've no idea when they appeared and I can't get rid of them! Resizing the activity window doesn't help, even if it's way bigger than the diagram itself.

That's how it looks normally:
index.php/fa/31641/0/

That's an effect of vertical movement (looks much worse when you add horizontal movement too):
index.php/fa/31642/0/

On a side-note I'll add that I can't move the activity window on a diagram, there's a red crossed circle if I try. Is it a bug or a planned behavior?

A similar problem is observed with state diagram. This one doesn't have the slider though, so I can't move it back to the original state. Any ideas on how can I restore my work?

Here's how it looked a few months ago right after I composed it:
index.php/fa/31644/0/

And here's how it looks after I opened it today:
index.php/fa/31643/0/

Does anyone has a solution for those problems? An interesting thing is that I didn't find any help at Google, can it be that others don't have such problems?
Re: Elements loose their position on diagrams [message #1778901 is a reply to message #1778705] Sat, 23 December 2017 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Jakub,
effects like these sometimes happened on major version changes. Have these diagrams been created on a lower major version of Papyrus?
/pica
Re: Elements loose their position on diagrams [message #1779084 is a reply to message #1778901] Tue, 02 January 2018 10:55 Go to previous message
THEOBALD Maurice is currently offline THEOBALD MauriceFriend
Hi Jakub,

Which version of Papyrus are you using ?
If you are on Oxygen, activate the following options from the preferences (for new diagram) and for your current diagrams :
- Snap to grid
- Snap to shape
- Grid spacing = 10 (in pixels)
Remove all bendpoints on your connector and then set them to Rectilinear

Save the diagrams

Regards,
Maurice
Previous Topic:Possible Error in Papyrus
Next Topic:How to control Stereotype display in Model Explorer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:46:08 GMT 2024