Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Export details from Papyrus to XMI(Export details from Papyrus to XMI)
Export details from Papyrus to XMI [message #1778573] Mon, 18 December 2017 05:50 Go to next message
Arshad Ahamed is currently offline Arshad AhamedFriend
Hi I am new to papyrus . I would like to get UML Diagram details from Papyrus and create it inside another modelling tool named Enterprise Architect.

Is it possible ?

ASAIK , importing objects from papyrus to enterprise architect is possible.
But i need the diagram to be created in enterprise architect.

For creating diagram inside EA i need to get details from Papyrus. Is there any API call available in papyrus for it ?

Re: Export details from Papyrus to XMI [message #1778619 is a reply to message #1778573] Mon, 18 December 2017 19:54 Go to previous message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Arshad,

Typically, modeling tools will provide imports from other modeling nools, not exports. As such, you should see if Enterprise Architect has a Papyrus importer capability.

Also note that although it is common for models (as based on the UML spec) to be importable in other tools, the ability to also import the graphical content (i.e., diagrams) is often less than optimal - and it is sometimes easier to draw your diagram again using the information from the model itself by placing the imported model lements (classes, etc.) onto a new diagram.

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:Export single diagram
Next Topic:Possible Error in Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:02:22 GMT 2024