Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » how to install zoil ineclipse c++ neon
how to install zoil ineclipse c++ neon [message #1778568] Mon, 18 December 2017 02:54 Go to next message
deivid m is currently offline deivid mFriend
i need to use this library Simple OpenGL Image Library

but i dont know how to install
the official page has no instructions and i only find tutorials for visual studio
i

pls help me

Re: how to install zoil ineclipse c++ neon [message #1778650 is a reply to message #1778568] Tue, 19 December 2017 10:19 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Presumably you are asking how to setup Eclipse CDT to use SOIL which you've installed on your system.

If you are also asking how to install it on your system, that depends on your system and is generally outside of the scope of this forum.
This may provide some guidance: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18886598/how-do-i-install-soil-simple-opengl-image-loader
One of the answers is how to install it in Windows: https://stackoverflow.com/a/33861210/3312726

To setup Eclipse you need to do two things:
1) inform the Indexer where the header files are located
The indexer facilitates source code analysis and needs to read the necessary header files.

2a) tell Eclipse where the header files are so that a compile makefile recipe can be built
2b) tell Eclipse where the libraries are located to link them

For (1), if the headers aren't installed in the builtin path used by the compiler, you will need to add them
to Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc. --> Entries --> CDT User Settings Entries
Here's an example: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1090598&goto=1778529&#msg_1778529

For (2a), if you installed SOIL as a system package and are using Linux, you can
tell thecompiler where the header files are with
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ Build --> Settings --> Tool Settins tab --> (c and/or c++) compiler --> Miscellaneous
adding: `pkg-config --cflags opencv` (for open CV in this case; note the backtics)
Otherwise, you will need to add them to the compile settings:
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ Build --> Settings --> Tool Settins tab --> (c and/or c++) compiler --> Includes

And for linking (2b), if installed as a package you can use pkg-config
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ Build --> Settings --> Tool Settins tab --> linker --> Miscellaneous
adding: `pkg-config --libs opencv` (for open CV in this case; note the backtics)
Otherwise, you will need to add them to the linker settings:
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ Build --> Settings --> Tool Settins tab --> linker --> Libraries
bottom pane is for paths which will be added as -L<path> (omit the -L)
top pane is for actual libraries to link as -l<lib> (omit the -l)

[Updated on: Wed, 20 December 2017 02:02]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:problem with the rapidjson namespace
Next Topic:Help me!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:16:07 GMT 2024