Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Multiple models referenced by a same representation file
Multiple models referenced by a same representation file [message #1778543] Sat, 16 December 2017 13:00 Go to next message
Eric Jeunieaux is currently offline Eric JeunieauxFriend
When creating a new representation file by means of the wizard, it is only possible to initialize the representation from one semantic resource.

I tested the possibility to put more than one semantic resource in a same representation file to point on two semantic models (build from the same DSL) having entities referencing each other. Everything seems to go well. Maybe I could encounter problem with containment references.

My version of Sirius is 5.0.1 on Oxygen

My question is : why does the wizard limit initialization of representation files to only one semantic resource ? What did I miss ?
Re: Multiple models referenced by a same representation file [message #1778640 is a reply to message #1778543] Tue, 19 December 2017 08:59 Go to previous message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Eric,

The "New representation file" wizard allows you to init a Sirius session on one semantic resource, then you can add additional resources as semantic resources of your session thanks to the "Add model" menu on the .aird file : it will show you a wizard with two choices: create a new model file or reference an existing one.

Note that the recommended way would be to create a Modeling Project (with the corresponding wizard) and then create or put you semantic resources in it (it will detect, load and add EMF models as semantic resource of the project's representations file). You can also use the "Configure > Add the Modeling Project nature" menu on the project to convert your project into a modeling project.

Regards

Maxime

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Sirius Community Survey 2017
Next Topic:References are lost when Copy elements from project to project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:33:32 GMT 2024