Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Strange Behavior of ade tools
Strange Behavior of ade tools [message #1778520] Fri, 15 December 2017 15:30
Christian Eugster is currently offline Christian EugsterFriend
Hi
I am working on e e4 rcp. I created several bundles. One of these is an api bundle containing just a service interface. Another one contains the ui code to configure preferences. It is the only one bundle that has the following failures:

The dependencies are not resolved: I try to add imported packages from other bundles (some of my ones, some of existing, as e.g. org.osgi.framework, org.osgi.util.tracker). I set the version so, that the existing bundles (and packages) are within the scope.

In the classes these imports are not resolved: e.g. org.osgi.framework I use for the Activator (BundleActivator) BundleActivator, BundleContext and Bundle are not resolved even when I press ctrl+o (on macosx high sierra). There are no exceptions thrown as I see but regularly there pops up a small dialog, that an error occurred and if I want to send the respective information to eclipse.

Also e.g. org.eclipse.jface and org.eclipse.swt bundles I can not add to required bundles. If I try it, then MANIFEST.MF is marked as having an error and in the editor it says, that they can't be resolved (unsatisfied version constraint): I tried several version scopes, even e.g. [3.0.0.,4.0.0) for bundle with version 3.13.1.v20170810-0135 (jface).

I restarted eclipse several times, deleted the bundle and created it new, but nothing changes (eclipse 4.7.1a). Is this a known problem and what can I do to solve it?
Previous Topic:Eclipse editors save as functionality
Next Topic:Not able to call Activator.start method for non java project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:38:17 GMT 2024