Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Not able to call Activator.start method for non java project(Not able to call Activator.start method for non java project)
Not able to call Activator.start method for non java project [message #1778499] Fri, 15 December 2017 03:43 Go to next message
Vikas Verma is currently offline Vikas VermaFriend
I am new to plugin development.
I wrote a plugin to show warning(Marker) for a text file. I run this project it works fine and also it required the entry in .project file like
<buildCommand>
<name>com.packtpub.e4.minimark.ui.MinimarkBuilder</name>
</buildCommand>

It requires atleast one time build to show the warning.

So my query is that suppose that plugin i deployed in environment where a non java project is placed and where we do not build the project from eclipse. So Activator start method is also not called. Please let me know how to call
public class Activator extends AbstractUIPlugin

Or it will be called when it is initialized?
Re: Not able to call Activator.start method for non java project [message #1778558 is a reply to message #1778499] Sun, 17 December 2017 15:08 Go to previous message
Christian Eugster is currently offline Christian EugsterFriend
Hi
The activator is called by the osgi container you use. Eclipse by default uses the equinox osgi container. The activator is aspecific class for osgi containers. If you want to use the Activator outside of a osgi container (what I do not recommend), you would have to instantiate the activator and then call the start or stop method respective. The clue of the activator within the osgi container is, that it is a class in which you can initialize your bundle. I don't know any use case outside of osgi container.
Previous Topic:Strange Behavior of ade tools
Next Topic:Select one literal in an enumeration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:41:48 GMT 2024