Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Bug reporting ? (bug )
Bug reporting ? [message #1778477] Thu, 14 December 2017 16:36 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
I like to report an annoying bug which has been around for few years.
It is in last Eclipse Oxygen download.
I will not waste MY time to RECREATE another account just for bug reporting .
If Eclipse management is interested in FIXING it posting it here should not be too difficult to take a look at the annoying issue.

The compiler option Setting text window CANNOT be expanded so one can see ALL the options at once.

See attached file.

Also optioning "include" window panes start with both _I and -l panes usable, then the bottom pane goes invisible - out of screen.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 December 2017 16:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug reporting ? [message #1778510 is a reply to message #1778477] Fri, 15 December 2017 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
I don't think anyone is going to fix that for you. If it is important to you, patches are welcome: https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/contributing
Re: Bug reporting ? [message #1778511 is a reply to message #1778510] Fri, 15 December 2017 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Thanks for reply.
I take it if I am a user of a product and not a developer my comments towards improvement are irrelevant.
Lesson learned.
Have a great day.
Re: Bug reporting ? [message #1778514 is a reply to message #1778511] Fri, 15 December 2017 14:18 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
I wish we had a large group of product devs to fix every small annoyance in the product like this. But we *need* you to get involved, submit bug reports, test releases, write documentation and supply code fixes. The bit of code you are asking about has no active maintainers at CDT and is likely to be deprecated as newer/better compiler setting solutions are adopted (such as cmake based systems).

My previous message was a bit short and I apologise for not expanding in the first place, but I don't think there is anyone around that will fix this issue for you. Your comments are relevant, but naturally have to be ranked in to what is doable and what priority. If you are not in a position to submit a fix for something, perhaps you can pay for it? There are developers -including me- who will fix stuff like this on contract, but my time is prioritised too.
Previous Topic:gdb terminates, debugging not working
Next Topic:Any way to manually edit tool chain?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:32:25 GMT 2024