Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Resolve path inconsistencies in C++ Indexer(Trying to deteermine how to get .h files that compile to also index using the correct path)
Resolve path inconsistencies in C++ Indexer [message #1778398] Wed, 13 December 2017 19:44 Go to next message
Joseph Johnson is currently offline Joseph JohnsonFriend
I have a project with many files that is indexing some of the way with the C++ Indexer, but not ALL of the files get indexed.

For example log.h is a file in the ../common/log.h location in my source code.
The code compiles, but the indexer is having trouble locating this file. When I mouse over on the #include <log.h> I get a reference to the Logarithm function in math.h. When I try to use the "Open Declaration" (F3) option, then an error shows up on the page "Selected text cannot be mapped to a symbol name"

Is there a way I can resolve the inconsistency by telling the C++ Indexer where the log.h is located, and to give that file a higher priority over other locations that may also have a log.h file?
Re: Resolve path inconsistencies in C++ Indexer [message #1778529 is a reply to message #1778398] Fri, 15 December 2017 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
You can specify them in
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc. --> Entries --> CDT User Settings Entries

Here's an example:
index.php/fa/31606/0/

[Updated on: Fri, 15 December 2017 18:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Resolve path inconsistencies in C++ Indexer [message #1780145 is a reply to message #1778529] Thu, 18 January 2018 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
polly handid is currently offline polly handidFriend
yes, this Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc. --> Entries --> CDT User Settings Entries works
Re: Resolve path inconsistencies in C++ Indexer [message #1782979 is a reply to message #1778398] Tue, 06 March 2018 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Why wouldn't you use this Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Paths and Symbols -> Includes and add your include directories.

Major System Configuration:
Windows 7 64-bit
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
v 4.6.2 (Neon)
v 4.7.3a (Oxygen)
v 4.8r (Photon)
v 2018_09

PyDev

MinGW
MSys
GNU Toolchain
Perforce
Re: Resolve path inconsistencies in C++ Indexer [message #1782986 is a reply to message #1782979] Tue, 06 March 2018 06:00 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Short answer:
For the same reason I like my steaks medium rare.
It's largely a matter of taste.
YMMV

Long answer:
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc.
is the consolidated discovery dialog for the Indexer.
So, it directly and minimally answers the question posted.
It has no side-effects that I am aware of.

I don't see much point in enumerating all the ways a solution can be had.
My time is limited.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 March 2018 06:44]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:CDT 9.4.2 C/C++ Projects view, two 'Build Project' entries
Next Topic:[CDT 9.4] Error on building indexes with Boost libraries 1.46
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:06:50 GMT 2024