Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » YACQ YET ANOTHER CROSSCOMPILER QUESTIONs (CROSSCOMPILER QUSTIONS )
YACQ YET ANOTHER CROSSCOMPILER QUESTIONs [message #1778299] Tue, 12 December 2017 19:02 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
in "setting " there are basically three options to give to Cross compiler
I did figured out how to "include" a file residing in or under "scr" folder.
Used Try this / try that method.
See attached file.

Now I need to "include" file system ( library source from github ).
The question is where , which -l or -L options under which "Cross " - gcc or G++
It has to be included as source, not compiled , so I can modify it.

Can anybody tell me how these versions of "Cross" (complier) interact and when should my new file system be "included " and path specified?
Yes, I am using verbose options but it has to be successful in crosscompiling before I can get a clue about the sequence.

Thanks
Re: YACQ YET ANOTHER CROSSCOMPILER QUESTIONs [message #1778301 is a reply to message #1778299] Tue, 12 December 2017 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ee ll is currently offline ee llFriend
You can use the C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols section to enter all your folders, includes, symbols and libraries. I find it faster and easier to handle. The 'settings' are then automatically populated by the IDE.
I use the 'settings' to enable/disable specific build options and commands.
Re: YACQ YET ANOTHER CROSSCOMPILER QUESTIONs [message #1778382 is a reply to message #1778301] Wed, 13 December 2017 16:00 Go to previous message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Many thanks, your reply is very helpful.
I will try your suggestion but I should explain what I am trying to do.
It may look as I am over - engineering my code , but I like to have a modular scheme so I can reuse my own code by simple copying the module.

I have no problem using #include "header .h" in source (cpp) file.
I would like to have a folder - example C_i2C and put such header "into the folder" .
I am making an error using this syntax
including the desired folder in main.cpp
#include "C_I2C/header.h"

I have always have an issue specifying the "path" AKA ../FOLDER/FILE

So I tried to "fix" that using -include in compiler Options and got completely lost.

See attached file .

If you could kindly take a look at my current project organization and make a suggestion how to modularize my code I would appreciate the. This is "under construction " code and I am happy when it JUST compiles and runs - no real work needs toi be done at this time.

I am found the using compiler -include Options does not work that well, apparently changes made in files "pointed to by -include " are not always detected as "dirty" and the Eclipse IDE does not ask for "save changes" and is using the "old code".
I have to periodically do "Save all" to get the code updated before compiling it.
Thanks for your help.

Previous Topic:testing the waters
Next Topic:gdb terminates, debugging not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:17:37 GMT 2024