Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » Useful client tool presentation
Useful client tool presentation [message #1778281] Tue, 12 December 2017 15:57 Go to next message
Marie Faure is currently offline Marie FaureFriend
Not sure it's the right place so please forgive me if not.

While Escape Room 2.0 project at Live Escape tackle more and more automatized and complex escape games with several Arduino Yun and Raspberry Pi3 rooms, we've consider to migrate from C, C++ and Python TCP sockets with peer-to-peer protocol to MQTT broker with simple text procotol over inbox/outbox topics.

To help us manage so many IoT traffic I had to create a client tool to observe messages exchanged in to broker for every rooms. I made my pyQt5 work available on GitHub at https://github.com/fauresystems/mqtt-observer

I posted source code, some screenshots and a windows 32 buid, but with pyinstaller one can create build for Linux and Mac.

Any feedback will be welcome, particualr trick was to switch from a broker to another (need to reinitialise Paho client and restart its loop, while the program also has a Qt loop).

Re: Useful client tool presentation [message #1780170 is a reply to message #1778281] Thu, 18 January 2018 10:55 Go to previous message
Ian Craggs is currently offline Ian CraggsFriend
This is as good a place as any to publicise your work, although the mailing list or tweeting to @eclipsepaho might reach a wider audience. Thanks!
Previous Topic:paho mqtt raspberry and esp8266
Next Topic:Constant disconnect because of Connection refused - incorrect protocol version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:45:45 GMT 2024