Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Creating dynamic PDF internal links
Creating dynamic PDF internal links [message #1778210] Tue, 12 December 2017 01:36 Go to next message
Jaguar M is currently offline Jaguar MFriend
I am trying to create a PDF in BIRT and I need to have bookmarks linking from a summary page to each detail page. The links work fine in the HTML preview and a similar http link works in published PDFs. However, the internal links do not work in the PDF format.

What I have tried so far is setting the bookmark property to "detail_" + row["nodeid"] and setting the hyperlink to the same. As stated, this works for the HTML preview, but not the PDF export.

The PDF has automatically generated TOC items that I would prefer to leverage off, but I don't know how to link to those.

Is there a way that I can get the PDF output to contain the required links using either bookmark properties, or the generated TOC items?

Sample PDF output (Customer data removed, alternate locations selected) is attached
Re: Creating dynamic PDF internal links [message #1778310 is a reply to message #1778210] Wed, 13 December 2017 00:48 Go to previous message
Jaguar M is currently offline Jaguar MFriend

The solution to the problem lies not in the format of the bookmark/hyperlink, but in the placement of the bookmark.

The problem was, I was placing the bookmark on the row of the table I wanted to link to. Instead, the bookmark needed to be on the label in the first column of the row.

I believe the issue is that, in the HTML version, the table row is a <tr> tag, however in the PDF, the row doesn't physically exist, so there's nothing to set the bookmark on. However the label/text item exists in both versions, so the bookmark is created correctly.
Previous Topic:Report Exception when run on server, but no problem running locally.
Next Topic:Format the aggregation result value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:51:57 GMT 2024