Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Shortcuts don't work in Eclipse(How do I fix the shortcuts in Eclipse?)
Shortcuts don't work in Eclipse [message #1778106] Sun, 10 December 2017 13:20 Go to next message
Roger Jenkins is currently offline Roger JenkinsFriend
Hi there,

I am trying to use shortcuts in Eclipse but they don't work.
For example, if you press Alt+Down, then the line of code you are on is supposed to move one line down. But it doesn't work. Can someone help me and tell me how I can fix this?

The list of shortcuts can be seen in Eclipse if you select Window --> Preferences --> General --> Keys, but I don't know what I can do here to fix the shortcuts that are not working.

Oddly enough, other shortcuts do seem to work, such as copying (Ctrl+C) or pasting (Ctrl+V).

The Eclipse version I am using is: Oxygen, 1a Release (4.7.1a) and I am using JavaSE-1.7 as an execution environment JRE.

Thank you in advance!
Roger
Re: Shortcuts don't work in Eclipse [message #1778122 is a reply to message #1778106] Mon, 11 December 2017 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If some shortcuts work, but others don't, sort the table on the Keys preference page by Binding and check for duplicates. If there aren't duplicates, it could be that your operating system or windowing environment already use them.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Mon, 11 December 2017 04:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Shortcuts don't work in Eclipse [message #1801293 is a reply to message #1778106] Wed, 16 January 2019 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jenny Ferry is currently offline Jenny FerryFriend
Hello,
I got the same problem.
To fix it, I had to disable graphic shortcuts and deleting the .metadata folder in my workbench.
After restarting eclipse all my personal changes of eclipse were gone (appearence & co.) and also the shortcut problems.

Good byte.

PS: I checked the eclipse key list, found no duplicates, also resetting it didn't solved the problem.
Re: Shortcuts don't work in Eclipse [message #1857102 is a reply to message #1801293] Tue, 17 January 2023 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Binder is currently offline Christoph BinderFriend
Seems like I have the same Problem (Alt+down is working, Alt + up not, shows me properties of files instead even though thats not in the keys list). How can I disable graphic shortcuts? Havent found anything about it. Thank you!
Re: Shortcuts don't work in Eclipse [message #1857103 is a reply to message #1857102] Tue, 17 January 2023 14:41 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I don't know what "graphic shortcuts" are either. All shortcuts are controlled by Window -> Preferences -> General -> Keys. Type Move Lines in the filter and see what is the binding for Move Lines Up. You can also type Alt+Up in the filter to find if something else is bound to that...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Problems
Next Topic:Editor window layout (make scrollbars not blend over content)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:46:31 GMT 2024