Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Issues with Sirius Install
Issues with Sirius Install [message #1777834] Tue, 05 December 2017 07:57 Go to next message
Usman Liaqat is currently offline Usman LiaqatFriend
Whenever I tried downloading Sirius - and through multiple means (Both the ready to use version of Obeo and the Eclipse Marketplace versions of both Sirius and Eclipse), I encountered the same problem when I tried going through the sample project. The example.basicfamily isn't being represented as it is on the guides, with all of its members being displayed. Instead, Eclipse sees it as an XML file, and attempting to open it uses the text editor. I have attached an image which also shows this. There is also no mention of any other editors I can use to represent them.

I'm new to Sirius, so I'm not really sure what the issue is at all, so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks.
Re: Issues with Sirius Install [message #1777904 is a reply to message #1777834] Tue, 05 December 2017 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yash Khatri is currently offline Yash KhatriFriend
Right click on the .basicfamily file -> openwith -> basic famiy editor.

-Yash
Re: Issues with Sirius Install [message #1778084 is a reply to message #1777904] Sat, 09 December 2017 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Yash,

Thanks for the reply, however that editor is not there in the list, nor is it in the list of internal programs that comes afterwards either.
Re: Issues with Sirius Install [message #1778102 is a reply to message #1778084] Sun, 10 December 2017 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a further note, when I open Eclipse Marketplace and take a look at the Obeo installation, I found that the following components were not installled correctly:

- Graphical Modelling Framework (GMF) Runtime SDK
-Sirius Integration with EEF

However, installing them did not correct the issues I have been having in my previous messages.
Re: Issues with Sirius Install [message #1778103 is a reply to message #1778084] Sun, 10 December 2017 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a further note, when I open Eclipse Marketplace and take a look at the Obeo installation, I found that the following components were not installled correctly:

- Graphical Modelling Framework (GMF) Runtime SDK
-Sirius Integration with EEF

However, installing them did not correct the issues I have been having in my previous messages.
Re: Issues with Sirius Install [message #1778117 is a reply to message #1778103] Sun, 10 December 2017 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yash Khatri is currently offline Yash KhatriFriend
Have a look here. You need to have these three projects in the workspace when you start a new eclipse application from there.

basicfamily
basicfamily.edit
basicfamily.editor

Probably, you are missing the editor project in the work space.

-Yash
Re: Issues with Sirius Install [message #1778182 is a reply to message #1778117] Mon, 11 December 2017 13:55 Go to previous message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,

See the starter tutorial to see if you missed something: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Sirius/Tutorials/StarterTutorial

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Error using Derived EMF EAttributes with Sirius and Xtext
Next Topic:Sirius representation metamodel changes from 8 to 10.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:25:13 GMT 2024