Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » [Resolved]Hello world source file(Adding a source file to the work space)
[Resolved]Hello world source file [message #1777825] Tue, 05 December 2017 01:02 Go to next message
Jim Anderson is currently offline Jim AndersonFriend
I'm starting to use Eclipse oxygen as a java debugger. I have installed oxygen and started it up. I then added a jave project and have my workspace at $HOME/eclipse/workspace.

I then created a java project called 'hello'. Oxygen created the directory $HOME/eclipse/workspace/hello. I have a text file, 'Hello.java' which I moved to $HOME/eclipse/workspace/hello. But when I navigate to this directory in Oxygen, the hello directory is emtpy and does not show 'Hello.java'.

How do I get Oxygen to recognize that Hello.java is there?

Jim A.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 February 2018 15:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hello world source file [message #1777833 is a reply to message #1777825] Tue, 05 December 2017 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
If you're doing this "moving" in the file system, you'll have to do a "Refresh" on the project. You'll want to be sure that the *.java file is actually in a Source folder of your Java project, otherwise it won't build and won't run. Better you use drag and drop to copy something into the workspace or use File -> Import to import it.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Hello world source file [message #1782101 is a reply to message #1777833] Sat, 17 February 2018 15:52 Go to previous message
Jim Anderson is currently offline Jim AndersonFriend
A belated thank you, Ed. Things are working well, now.
Previous Topic:Eclipse-Kepler Process Hangs- Processing Variables in *.xhtml
Next Topic:ERRORS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:44:35 GMT 2024