Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Row selection with spanning
Row selection with spanning [message #1777622] Thu, 30 November 2017 21:12 Go to next message
Louis Detweiler is currently offline Louis DetweilerFriend
Hello,

I am using spanning across rows, and have implemented spanning in the row header region as well. I would like to make it so that the row header region is selected whenever any cell that is in the span of the row header region is selected. Currently this only happens if the topmost cell of the row spanned region is selected.

How would I go about doing this?

index.php/fa/31454/0/
Re: Row selection with spanning [message #1777631 is a reply to message #1777622] Fri, 01 December 2017 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
From the previous posts I assume you now have a custom RowHeaderLayer. There you need to adjust the getConfigLabelsByPosition() to respect your expected behavior.

But from looking at the screenshot I wonder why your are making all this complicated spanning stuff when it looks like that the use of the TableCellPainter for the Effects column should have been sufficient.
Re: Row selection with spanning [message #1777707 is a reply to message #1777631] Fri, 01 December 2017 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's because we have several layers of spanning required. You can't see it in the screenshot but there's another column, "Causes", which has several "Mitigations" that need to line up with each cause, and each "Mitigation" has several "Requirements" that need to line up with each "Mitigation", and on and on.

Also thanks for all of your help, you've helped me a lot over these past few months and it's been really useful!
Re: Row selection with spanning [message #1777709 is a reply to message #1777707] Sat, 02 December 2017 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am unsure how to proceed. What config labels would I need to add to ensure that if any row position in the span is selected the row header cell is highlighted?

Alternatively if you could tell me how to simply remove the row header highlighting feature entirely that would work.
Re: Row selection with spanning [message #1777718 is a reply to message #1777709] Sat, 02 December 2017 07:41 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Sorry, it is not done via config labels. It is the display mode that is responsible. You need to override getDisplayMode
Previous Topic:Cell boundary of underlying cell showing when selecting a spanned cell
Next Topic:EditableGridExample
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:39:27 GMT 2024