Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to ignore .ssh/config?(Configuring JSchConfigSessionFactory to ignore .ssh/config)
How to ignore .ssh/config? [message #1777615] Thu, 30 November 2017 19:05 Go to next message
Dave Musicant is currently offline Dave MusicantFriend
I'm trying to write some automated tests that wrap around ssh authentication that I've otherwise got successfully working.

I'm using the approach described here:

http://www.codeaffine.com/2014/12/09/jgit-authentication/

where I'm subclassing JSchConfigSessionFactory, and overriding the configure method. I'm also overriding the createDefaultJSch method so I can supply public/private keys that I've created specifically for the automated test. This all works great.

The problem I'm having is that when I run my tests, the SSH connection attempt still tries keys specified in my .ssh/config. I don't want it to do this, since that means the tests will run differently for different developers depending on their own personal .ssh/config files. I want it to completely ignore that file for purposes of the test.

I've tried doing

defaultJSch.removeAllIdentity()

... but this doesn't seem to help. Strangely, when I use defaultJSch.getIdentityNames, it only shows the keys I have configured; but when I actually use the JGit API to try to do something requiring a connection, the .ssh/config settings seem to be invoked. When I enable JSch detailed debugging logging, I can see that it's trying to connect via a key specified in my .ssh/config.

It's possible I'm doing something wrong and don't know it, but I wanted to check here first to see if there's a clear-cut and simple way to tell JSchConfigSessionFactory to completely avoid the .ssh/config file.

Thanks!
Re: How to ignore .ssh/config? [message #1777661 is a reply to message #1777615] Fri, 01 December 2017 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
this was recently added in https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/99067/ which implements the loading of ~/.ssh/config which is missing in jsch in jgit
Re: How to ignore .ssh/config? [message #1777676 is a reply to message #1777661] Fri, 01 December 2017 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn wrote on Fri, 01 December 2017 10:17
this was recently added in https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/99067/ which implements the loading of ~/.ssh/config which is missing in jsch in jgit

I've looked at the patch and the test code, thanks. Does this mean that if I create my own ConfigRepository using OpenSshConfig that it will ignore what's in .ssh/config? Or do I still need to first clear that out somehow?
Re: How to ignore .ssh/config? [message #1777897 is a reply to message #1777676] Tue, 05 December 2017 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
I think you should be able to override JschConfigSessionFactory.getJsch() and just set a ConfigRepository that always returns an empty Config from getConfig().

[Updated on: Tue, 05 December 2017 17:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to ignore .ssh/config? [message #1778615 is a reply to message #1777897] Mon, 18 December 2017 19:16 Go to previous message
I got diverted to other projects (apologies for the delay), but I wanted to say thank you for the help! This definitely points me in the right direction.
Previous Topic:How to integrate EGit into a mixed e3/e4 RCP application
Next Topic:Hard reset isn't erasing local commits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:24:56 GMT 2024