Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF Parsley » actionAdd replaces context menus instead of adding(actionAdd replaces context menus instead of adding)
actionAdd replaces context menus instead of adding [message #1777526] Wed, 29 November 2017 22:55 Go to next message
Ulrich Lang is currently offline Ulrich LangFriend
Hello again!

I'm using actionAdd in menuBuilder and emfMenus.
I've tried a bunch of stuff but the actionAdd always removes existing context menus such as the default sibling and child submenus. Is this intended?

I've stripped it to the bare essentials to see if I'm doing something wrong:

Ele -> #[
actionAdd("xxxxx",
null,
null,
null
)
]

My expected behavior would be that it looks exactly the same as if I had no customization, but with the added context menu. However this is not the case.

Is it the case that the default child/sibling submenus automatically disappear as soon as actionAdd/actionChange are there?

Thanks!
Ulrich
Re: actionAdd replaces context menus instead of adding [message #1777542 is a reply to message #1777526] Thu, 30 November 2017 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francesco Guidieri is currently offline Francesco GuidieriFriend
Hi Ulrich,
I confirm that it's the expected behaviour.

The reason is that it is very simple to recreate new menu items with your own logic, once you have customized the menu in the dsl.
But you can also re-use default menu items, if you need them.

Let me know if you need more details.

Cheers.
Francesco

Re: actionAdd replaces context menus instead of adding [message #1777824 is a reply to message #1777542] Mon, 04 December 2017 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Francesco

Thanks! How would I add/keep/recreate the "New Child"/"New Sibling" context menus after adding a command with addAction?

Thanks!
Ulrich
Re: actionAdd replaces context menus instead of adding [message #1778259 is a reply to message #1777824] Tue, 12 December 2017 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Ulrich Lang wrote on Mon, 04 December 2017 23:35
Hi Francesco

Thanks! How would I add/keep/recreate the "New Child"/"New Sibling" context menus after adding a command with addAction?

Thanks!
Ulrich

Please file a bug/enhancement

Re: actionAdd replaces context menus instead of adding [message #1778492 is a reply to message #1778259] Thu, 14 December 2017 21:52 Go to previous message
ok, will do - thanks!
Previous Topic:Oxygen with coming xtext 2.13
Next Topic:Standalone form?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:57:01 GMT 2024