Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to stop eclipse re-building other projects when trying to run one project
How to stop eclipse re-building other projects when trying to run one project [message #1777486] Wed, 29 November 2017 16:03 Go to next message
Pasupathi Rajamanickam is currently offline Pasupathi RajamanickamFriend
I'm having annoying issue with eclipse. I have 20+ project in my eclipse (maven, gradle). Which has 10,000+ files in resources path each. I turned off "Build Automatically" in eclipse menu. When I try to run one project's App.java from Project_0. It suddenly started doing cleaning workspace for Project_1,
Project_2, and copying resource to target directory for project_1, project_2, and continue to project n then it's starting the application which I intended to start. The beauty is I was trying to start a node application.js and it's trying to do clean and build for Project_1 to n which are maven or gradle. Is it a defect in eclipse or is there a way to solve this issue?
Re: How to stop eclipse re-building other projects when trying to run one project [message #1777534 is a reply to message #1777486] Thu, 30 November 2017 04:25 Go to previous message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
There is also a Preference which you can try to control the build before launching. Try
Preferences->Run/Debug->Launching> Build before launching

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Previous Topic:What's the difference between getResource and getUnderlyingResource in IJavaElement
Next Topic:[Solved] Debug Framework: how to select item in Debug view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:12:05 GMT 2024