Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » How to ignore p2.inf for linux builds / replace myproduct.exe with renamed eclipsec.exe
How to ignore p2.inf for linux builds / replace myproduct.exe with renamed eclipsec.exe [message #1777320] Tue, 28 November 2017 13:09 Go to next message
Martin Schemel is currently offline Martin SchemelFriend
I have an Eclipse RCP product.

I am (ab?)using the p2.inf file, located in the directory the .product file is located in, to remove the <product name>.exe file and rename the eclipsec.exe file to the <product name>.exe file. The content looks as follows:

instructions.configure = \
    org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.copy(source:${installFolder}/eclipsec.exe, target:${installFolder}/myproductname.exe, overwrite:true);\
    org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.remove(path:${installFolder}/eclipsec.exe);

I need to build this product for windows and linux. For windows the p2.inf file instructions work fine. For linux this fails, which I am not surprised about (there is no .exe file).

Is there a way to execute those instructions for windows only / ignore the p2.inf file for linux builds when the product is built with tycho (for linux just 1 executable is generated anyway)?

Thanks in advance.

Tycho version: 1.0.0
Eclipse SDK version: 4.7.0

[Updated on: Wed, 29 November 2017 09:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to ignore p2.inf for linux builds / replace myproduct.exe with renamed eclipsec.exe [message #1777589 is a reply to message #1777320] Thu, 30 November 2017 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You shouldn't need to do this: the binary will be renamed to your product name, where the name come from the .product file's top-level <product name="NAME">.
Re: How to ignore p2.inf for linux builds / replace myproduct.exe with renamed eclipsec.exe [message #1777593 is a reply to message #1777589] Thu, 30 November 2017 16:00 Go to previous message
Martin Schemel is currently offline Martin SchemelFriend
Brian de Alwis wrote on Thu, 30 November 2017 09:47
You shouldn't need to do this: the binary will be renamed to your product name, where the name come from the .product file's top-level <product name="NAME">.

That's true for Linux and for Windows builds. In the .product file I can define

<launcher name="myproduct">
</launcher>

For Linux builds verything is fine. For Windows the following executables are generated:

• myproduct.exe (application outputs are not displayed on the Windows console)
  • eclipsec.exe (like myproduct.exe but application outputs are displayed on the Windows console)

Since my product is more or less a console tool, which is supposed to be called via command line, I need to get feedback from the console, thus I have to use the eclipsec.exe. But my customers don't know that the eclipsec.exe needs to be used. Furthermore the myproduct.ini file is ignored in case the eclipsec.exe is called.

I found a workaround. In case someone cares, see this answer: https://stackoverflow.com/a/47577193/5207900
Previous Topic:Translatable update site
Next Topic:How to Restrict Plugins Available to Developers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:21:12 GMT 2024