Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » use of HoT(number of input models is unknown)
use of HoT [message #1777202] Mon, 27 November 2017 04:58 Go to next message
Jeni Martin is currently offline Jeni MartinFriend
Hello,

I have a question and it would be great if someone can explain to me how I can do that.

I have a set of input models conforming to the same metamodel (metamodel A) and I want to transform them to a target model conforming to metamodel B. The transformation is not merging.

The issue is that number of instance models is unknown and it can vary so to solve this issue, I have a transformation that takes first model conforming to metamodel A as input and generate the output conforming to metamodel B; then I have another transformation that takes the generated output and the next input and generates the second output conforming to metamodel B. The second transformation is executed multiple time until all input models are considered.

I know this is not an efficient way of doing that. I read the article "On the Use of Higher-Order Model Transformations" by Massimo Tisi et al to understand what it is but I am not sure if it can help me and if yes, how I can do that, what is the input and what is the output for that,.... (are the inputs the metamodels A and B and the out put is the transformation?)
I appreciate a lot if any one can explain that to me. For implementing that, is there any manual that I can read about it?

Thanks in advance.
Re: use of HoT [message #1779506 is a reply to message #1777202] Mon, 08 January 2018 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Higher-order transformations are useful if you want to manipulate transformation code in some way. The problem you describe seems more like some sort of workflow description problem, that cannot be handled by a simple ATL launch configuration.

Have you tried expressing your workflow as an Ant script using the ATL Ant tasks? Or perhaps tried MTCFlow?

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: use of HoT [message #1780703 is a reply to message #1779506] Fri, 26 January 2018 03:09 Go to previous message
Jeni Martin is currently offline Jeni MartinFriend
Hi Dennis,

Thanks a lot for your reply. No, but I will try them.

Best regards,
Jeni
Previous Topic:Petrinet
Next Topic:UML Activity Diagram to Sequence Diagram Transformations?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:58:08 GMT 2024