Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EMF to RELATIONAL transformation using ETL and EMC-JDBC(EMC JDBC for importing data in DB)
EMF to RELATIONAL transformation using ETL and EMC-JDBC [message #1777200] Mon, 27 November 2017 04:45 Go to next message
Amir Kanan is currently offline Amir KananFriend
Hi,

I've used the Jdbc emc code form epsilonlab in order to read an input from a MySQL db, for an ETL transformation (relational to EMF)

This time I need to change the same code to be able to transform EMF to Relational as below:

1) Read an EMF Model and It's Meta-model
2) Connect to DB
3) Execute the transformation in order to generate the target model that
would be imported into DB
4) Write the output of transformation (that would be an in memory model) to DB

Is that possible ? If yes - How?

Many thanks,
Amir
Re: EMF to RELATIONAL transformation using ETL and EMC-JDBC [message #1777235 is a reply to message #1777200] Mon, 27 November 2017 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Amir,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to achieve. Could you please elaborate a bit more - possibly through an example?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: EMF to RELATIONAL transformation using ETL and EMC-JDBC [message #1777276 is a reply to message #1777235] Tue, 28 November 2017 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

Thanks for a quick respond. I would be grateful if you look at https://profesores.virtual.uniandes.edu.co/~isis4712/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=tutorial:atlclass2relational or http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=6269418 (Section C, Page 117).

The M2M transformation that I am doing (Using ETL) is similar to these examples.

How can I get the benefits of EMC-JDBC of epsilonLab?

Thanks,
Amir
Re: EMF to RELATIONAL transformation using ETL and EMC-JDBC [message #1777317 is a reply to message #1777276] Tue, 28 November 2017 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

Hi Amir,

Yes it is possible. The EMC does not force any restrictions on the direction of the models, that is, the EMF model can be the input and the JDBC can be the output.

Development environment wise, you need to clone/download the JDBC repository to your machine and import the projects to your Eclipse workspace (I am assuming you are using Eclipse). Then you need to run the jdbc etc driver in a run-time eclipse (right click -> run as.. -> eclipse application). This will enable the JDBC driver in the nested eclipse.

Then just write the ETL code and in the launch configuration create the EMF and the JDBC models. The Epsilon website has information on how to do that. You would probably want your EMF model to be read-on-load and the JDBC to be write-on-disposal.

Be ware that the JDBC is still under development and for very big models you might get "too many connections" errors.

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Re: EMF to RELATIONAL transformation using ETL and EMC-JDBC [message #1777370 is a reply to message #1777317] Tue, 28 November 2017 23:32 Go to previous message
Hi Horacio,

Thanks for the information.

Regards,
A

[Updated on: Tue, 28 November 2017 23:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Epsilon: How to measure a program's execution time
Next Topic:ETL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:40:43 GMT 2024