Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Nattable does not display data when using SortHeaderLayer
Nattable does not display data when using SortHeaderLayer [message #1777189] Sun, 26 November 2017 06:57 Go to next message
Ali Sedaghat is currently offline Ali SedaghatFriend
I have defined a SortHeaderLayer on top of the ColumnHeaderLayer and set it as the column header layer of my GridLayer. Furthermore, I've used DefaultGridLayerConfiguration to configure my grid layer. The problem is that, in cases that the sum of columns width is less than the width of the wrapper composite, table body is empty, i.e., only the row/column headers are displayed. This problem is resolved when I remove the sort layer. However, I need the sorting feature. Any Help would be appreciated.

Best regards

[Updated on: Sun, 26 November 2017 07:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Nattable does not display data when using SortHeaderLayer [message #1777190 is a reply to message #1777189] Sun, 26 November 2017 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I don't get the problem. Post a snippet and a screen shot. From the explanation only I am not able to help.
Re: Nattable does not display data when using SortHeaderLayer [message #1777193 is a reply to message #1777190] Sun, 26 November 2017 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the code and a snapshot are attached.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 November 2017 09:09]

Re: Nattable does not display data when using SortHeaderLayer [message #1777194 is a reply to message #1777193] Sun, 26 November 2017 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your setup looks pretty confusing. I don't know why your body layer stack needs to know the header layer or even the NatTable instance itself. Actually that violates the whole NatTable layer abstraction concepts. Also you are using a custom sort model that you didn't provide.

Sorry but I can't help here. You do not provide all information. You are creating bi-directional layer dependencies and you are using a custom sort model. That way there can be multiple issues that lead to the issue you are seeing.
Re: Nattable does not display data when using SortHeaderLayer [message #1777206 is a reply to message #1777194] Mon, 27 November 2017 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 27 November 2017 06:58]

Re: Nattable does not display data when using SortHeaderLayer [message #1777208 is a reply to message #1777194] Mon, 27 November 2017 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've attached the sort model implementation to this post. Also, the class that initialize the nattable (i.e. ComponentDataTable) is attached. I hope that it is helpful.
Re: Nattable does not display data when using SortHeaderLayer [message #1777214 is a reply to message #1777208] Mon, 27 November 2017 08:06 Go to previous message
Sorry, no it is not helpful for a quick answer. There might be a problem in your DataHandle or in the SortModel. But as you are not following the NatTable best practices for creating and configuring an instance, you have cross references between the layers up and down the layer stack and you are doing quite a lot of things for setting data, there could be multiple problems.

It would take me for sure about a whole day to understand your code and see what you are trying to do and to clean up to make it work correctly.

That is above the scope we can provide for free on the forum. But we provide payed support or sponsored development for such cases.
Previous Topic:Nattable does not display data when using SortHeaderLayer
Next Topic:Row spanning in the row header region
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:27:17 GMT 2024