Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Problems with EMF compare representations.aird
Problems with EMF compare representations.aird [message #1777112] Fri, 24 November 2017 14:55 Go to next message
Joost vv is currently offline Joost vvFriend
I am trying to compare component diagrams with the help of EMF compare. I created a simple UML component diagram using Sirius and UML designer.

However, when I then compare the representations.aird file with an older version of it (in which I moves all the component to a new location), all the components and classes have red crosses in the left corner. What is the cause of this problem?
Screenshot:
index.php/fa/31388/0/

Greetings,

Joost

[Updated on: Thu, 30 November 2017 12:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with EMF compare representations.aird [message #1777251 is a reply to message #1777112] Mon, 27 November 2017 15:35 Go to previous message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi, Joost,

I have noticed with Papyrus that when only the notation (diagram) changes, then the comparison editor does not load the underlying semantic model (*.uml) that the notation visualizes. This causes a bizarre presentation of the diagram because all of its references to the semantic model ends up being unresolved proxies. The diagram looks quite broken.

Probably the situation is similar in the Sirius context, because this restriction of resource loading to only resources that actually are different is not unique to Papyrus but is a core behaviour.

HTH,

Christian
Previous Topic:Exception when resolving Cross References
Next Topic:Reference elements by ID in Ecore model / xmi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:09:59 GMT 2024