Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Translatable update site
Translatable update site [message #1776991] Thu, 23 November 2017 13:17 Go to next message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Hello,
I would like to brand (and translate) an update site
It seems to be possible according to https://help.eclipse.org/oxygen/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.pde.doc.user%2Fguide%2Ftools%2Feditors%2Fsite_editor%2Fsite_map.htm

"A category has a name and a translatable label for display."

I found how to do this for feature (by providing feature<_locale>.properties), I did not find how to do this for p2 update site itself.

Thanks for your help

[Updated on: Thu, 23 November 2017 13:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Translatable update site [message #1777005 is a reply to message #1776991] Thu, 23 November 2017 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I would guess that it uses a similar mechanism as to plugin.xml, where you use a '%' prefix to indicate an externalized string. Try using '%title' and put a 'title=XXXX' in a site.properties file located alongside your site.xml.

Brian.
Re: Translatable update site [message #1777023 is a reply to message #1777005] Thu, 23 November 2017 16:00 Go to previous message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Thanks your are right this is working.
by adding site<_locale>.properties close to site.xml, when building the update site, content.xml is updated with translations
Previous Topic:Older bundle version remain in plugin folder after update
Next Topic:How to ignore p2.inf for linux builds / replace myproduct.exe with renamed eclipsec.exe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:18:35 GMT 2024